Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I purchased this on ebay recently but never used it(I have a MAC computer and need a PC to operate it) I am looking to get what I paid for it ($1200)
Anyhow here is the description from ebay.
Description:

Item Specifics - Item Condition
Condition:
New

Holiday :
Halloween
UP for auction is a NEW never used in haunted house , only taken out of box and checked to see if works. We order and did not receive in time to put in Halloween Haunted House. This DMX skull comes with the DMX lighting package also this is a $ 250.00 dollar upgrade. The complete setup cost over $ 1700.00 dollars . I will also have included in this auction an unaged bucky 4th quality skeleton with the rod inserted for mounting the DMX skull onto it. This is an excellent skull , we have 2 others that we use in our haunt. We are going to sacrifice this one at a great price. If you want to see this skull in action with the dmx lighting go to : SkullTronix

I live in Los Angeles and would love to sell to someone who is local if possible. Also willing to trade for a skulltronix ghost bust as I don't need a computer to operate that. Anyhow if interested please let me know-thanks!

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
you know, you can get a decent PC to run it at Walmart for about 350.00 That includes a monitor. You can probably find one cheaper on Ebay. Why not keep it?

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
I have to agree with Doc, there.
I got a pretty good PC laptop off Craigslist.org for $250 to run VSA for my 3-axis skull. It was well worth it.
I think you'll find that the ability to make your own routines for the skull (you can, right?) makes it far more versatile than the ghost bust, and it can actually be quite fun.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about it, as I saw a good deal at Frys for a laptop for $299.99. Also after seeing a skulltronix in action last year at the Los Angeles weekend of horrors, I really wanted one. There is a lot of equipment(cables, lights, software) and the instructions are not clear as there was no actual single instruction book that came with this. I may reconsider keeping it but I really like the ghost bust and it seems so easy. I have some other busts from Exmortis and was thinking of putting the ghost but next to them. Anyhow thanks for the info.

you know, you can get a decent PC to run it at Walmart for about 350.00 That includes a monitor. You can probably find one cheaper on Ebay. Why not keep it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know you have to purchase routines from the skulltronix people. I might be wrong though as I have never set it up. The guy from ebay told me that this one comes with the seance routine. If you live close to Los Angeles, I would love some help setting this up!. I can pay a little cash and maybe even give something for trade like a bucky skeleton or something.

I have to agree with Doc, there.
I got a pretty good PC laptop off Craigslist.org for $250 to run VSA for my 3-axis skull. It was well worth it.
I think you'll find that the ability to make your own routines for the skull (you can, right?) makes it far more versatile than the ghost bust, and it can actually be quite fun.

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
I don't own a Skulltronix skull, but to the best of my knowledge it uses VSA software (included with the skulltronix, I believe) to program it and run the included routine.

Oh, man, that's tempting, but I don't live near LA. However, VSA is quite intuitive, and I and many members of this forum use it for homebuilt 3-axis skulls (and probably a Skulltronix or two), and I'm sure we'd all be happy to help you get started. I get the impression that the guys at Skulltronix.com are really helpful, too, and I'm sure they can get you going just as well, if not better (and probably better).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts