Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Skulltronix SkeleTron talking/moving skeletons look amazing, but someone told me they are very prone to failure. I even heard that the Skulltronix animation at TransWorld (that was in the Necrotic booth) broke after 1 day. Would love to own one, but I don't want to pay that much for something that is likely to break.

If you own one, or have heard about reliability issues, please let me know.

Thank you!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I purchased a Skulltronix skull about 5 years ago. The only problem I have had with it was do to my own stupidity. I was setting it up in the dark and I plugged it into the power cord for my laptop instead of its transformer. I shipped it back and it was quickly repaired for a nominal fee since it was my error. I don't use it that often, but it works just fine.

Some things to consider: 1) You will need a PC connected to the skull to run the routines unless you purchase a RAPU; 2) If you want to loop several routines you will need the Helmsman software; 3) If you want to create your own routines you should consider the Live Action package or read up on VSA software (you cannot just add audio to animated the skull, it must be programmed); 4) You will need to mount the skull to the neck rod of a bucky skeleton with a lock washer (or make your own base with a similar rod); 5) The skulls may have a stain applied, so if you are using a bucky you might want to apply a similar color stain, so ask what color.

I usually use mine attached to a bucky on a skeleton stand with a party speaker with a mic stand in front of it. I put the speaker on top of a milk crate where I hide the laptop and tie the bucky's hands to the mic. He looks like a total rock star! Before I set up the bucky, I found a tape cassette carousel at Goodwill and turned it into a base.

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I purchased a Skulltronix skull about 5 years ago. The only problem I have had with it was do to my own stupidity. I was setting it up in the dark and I plugged it into the power cord for my laptop instead of its transformer. I shipped it back and it was quickly repaired for a nominal fee since it was my error. I don't use it that often, but it works just fine.

Some things to consider: 1) You will need a PC connected to the skull to run the routines unless you purchase a RAPU; 2) If you want to loop several routines you will need the Helmsman software; 3) If you want to create your own routines you should consider the Live Action package or read up on VSA software (you cannot just add audio to animated the skull, it must be programmed); 4) You will need to mount the skull to the neck rod of a bucky skeleton with a lock washer (or make your own base with a similar rod); 5) The skulls may have a stain applied, so if you are using a bucky you might want to apply a similar color stain, so ask what color.

I usually use mine attached to a bucky on a skeleton stand with a party speaker with a mic stand in front of it. I put the speaker on top of a milk crate where I hide the laptop and tie the bucky's hands to the mic. He looks like a total rock star! Before I set up the bucky, I found a tape cassette carousel at Goodwill and turned it into a base.

View attachment 239942

I did the same thing, since then I have color coded tape on the power cord and transformer. even in the dark the tape itself helps me not make that mistake again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts