Halloween Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I got this prop from craigslist its a skulltronix skull ghost ride productions made it hes not being made anymore. I need some help I am new to this but I am doing something wrong. He came with 2 cds of sayings I put the cd in my stereo have the audio jack connected to the headphone jack I hear no sound the stereo has an audio in cable I try plugging that in no sound still/

Here is a video of him I have the same prop

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Well, first of all, skulltronix is a brand name of animated skulls, not what you have here.

Second, I'm a little confused on the problem. This guy is just supposed to be plug and play? He moves according to whatever CD is playing, and came with a couple custom CD's? Is it moving and no sound? Or does he run a program from your PC and the CD's contain the program, but you're having trouble with the audio?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry yea he is not skull tronix he came with 2 cds of sayings and stuff
I put the cd in my stereo system and plugged in the audio jack in the headphone port I know there is not a speaker in the prop how do I get sound from the stereo/cd player?

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
sorry yea he is not skull tronix he came with 2 cds of sayings and stuff
I put the cd in my stereo system and plugged in the audio jack in the headphone port I know there is not a speaker in the prop how do I get sound from the stereo/cd player?
Most stereos turn off their speakers when something is in the headphone jack. I THINK what you need is something like this:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...Q18-online-VQ19-883428-VQ20-41477300408-VQ21-

Plug into your headphone jack on your CD player, plug the prop into one side, and speakers (such as computer speakers) into the other side.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
UnOrthodOx is correct, if you have plugged into the headphone jack of your stereo it will disconnect the speaker outputs. A headphone jack is usually 1/4" diameter, splitting that into 2 leads won't help. Without seeing your stereo and available connections I'm guessing that you need to connect the audio jack from the Skull controller to AUX OUT connections on the stereo. Most AUX OUT connections are RCA jacks so you'll need the appropriate adapter to hook it up. A picture of the back of your stereo showing the available connections would help.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Still don't know what the headphone port on the boombox looks like. Is it an actual "headphone" connection or is it for ear buds? Your pictures all appear to be 3.5mm stereo jacks. If you are connecting the skull control to the boombox with the cable in the pics, then the boombox must be 3.5mm out for ear buds. The skull control box appears to have two 3.5mm connections, if it does, then one of them will most likely provide the audio signal and you can connect a set of powered computer speakers directly to that, no need for a "Y" splitter.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still don't know what the headphone port on the boombox looks like. Is it an actual "headphone" connection or is it for ear buds? Your pictures all appear to be 3.5mm stereo jacks. If you are connecting the skull control to the boombox with the cable in the pics, then the boombox must be 3.5mm out for ear buds. The skull control box appears to have two 3.5mm connections, if it does, then one of them will most likely provide the audio signal and you can connect a set of powered computer speakers directly to that, no need for a "Y" splitter.
Here are a few pics and of the audio in port. I looked closely at the headphone port there is a small picture of headphones by the head phone port also took a pic of the audio in port.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Yeah, that's not a headphone port that's a 3.5mm stereo out for ear buds. Follow post #8 and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks J-man for your help need to find some cheap speakers then if you have any recommendations let me know.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
I would seriously consider checking goodwill/savers/garage sales/etc for a set of computer speakers on the cheap. Helps if you have an ipod/phone/something to plug into them as you go shopping to make sure they work before buying.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know that if you read my thread you would see that I posted that it was not a skulltronix I made a mistake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts