Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Now that's some great sculpting! Especially like the dental detail.

What're your plans for casting?

Thanks for sharing your work, have another PBR and keep us posted on the progress.

q
:cool:

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
Very nice..I really like that! I find it VERY refreshing to see something like that. Something about it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Oh and the sculpt rocks too!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I love it. I want to get into sculpting so bad but don't think I'd have the patience. What kind of clay are you using? water or oil?

I haven't seen a Pabst Blue Ribbon in some time:D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love it. I want to get into sculpting so bad but don't think I'd have the patience. What kind of clay are you using? water or oil?

I haven't seen a Pabst Blue Ribbon in some time:D
Patience is the key. To get to this point I am guessing around 12 hours. Also, the clay I am using isn't helping. It's Jolly King Plasteline. I think it's a wax based clay. I have a ton laying around from molding my human skulls. When I started to mold and sculpt the skull I was thinking of a Randotti medium skull thing. Man I love Randotti skulls. As far as getting into it, just do it. It's cheap and if you don't like it, mash it up and try it again.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on sculpt

Sorry it’s been so long. My father had a heart transplant and sculpting was the last thing on my mind. But, he is doing well and I got back to my sculpt. The skull is shaping up nicely. The teeth are very difficult, not that I thought it would be a snap. But, I am guessing that I have no less than 20 hours to go before I am done. I can’t wait to mold this guy!

·
Registered
725 Posts
So where does one get that euruthane 2020 and what does it cost? Looks like a very effecient way to make a mold!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Some PDF's on molding from 2020 site.

I have downloaded two PDF's from the 2020 site. Too big to place here.

If you want them, PM me and provide email.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts