Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
foam skull from Michael's mounted on a length of 3/4" pvc. Foil armatures, everything layered with glue mache and painted. The lantern is a glass pickle jar with mache over foil top/bottom/handle. Just an accent prop for the display.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,004 Posts
Telling someone "I'm using foil, a pickle jar, and a styro skull for a decoration" without them knowing how creative you are, would likely not result in that average person picturing something like THIS.

And that's what's so great about it.

Love the texture from the maché – wonderful looking, creepy accent. :D

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Telling someone "I'm using foil, a pickle jar, and a styro skull for a decoration" without them knowing how creative you are, would likely not result in that average person picturing something like THIS.

And that's what's so great about it.

Love the texture from the maché – wonderful looking, creepy accent. :D
Thanks FG! Yeah, kind of a mish mash of ingredients but it came out pretty well. The mache layers lend themselves to paint and dry brushing. I gave the whole thing a couple coats of spray urethane to help keep water out, although typically, if we're getting steady rain, these things will stay in the garage.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are a macgyver when it comes to odds and ends and Halloween props 🎃
LOL! I wanted to use the last of my foam skulls and I had a lot of pvc laying around. I have 4 other similar skull post props that we'll display this year. They're not hard to make and they are a lot creepier than stuff I can but. I think I might have $10.00 in this total.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts