Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of my decorations are skulls or skeletons and I want to put red eyes in all of them. I want to be able to light them up but I don't want to physically have to turn them on and off because some of them are hanging off the roof of my house. All of my decorations are outside. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Well you have several choices depending on your knowledge. You can wire them all to a DC power supply that is controlled via an extension cord that you can just plug in and pull out, or with a timer. You can wire the LED's to a solar panel/rechargeable battery. You can wire them with a remote that you can turn on/off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to use red led lights for all the eyes whay is a good place to find those? What would be a good DC power supply? This is the first year that I'm going to make animated props so I am going to start getting things together now because I know it is going to take me a long time to do. All my decorations are outside so I have to make sure everything will hold up in the rain. Thanks for your help J-Man.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Ebay is the best place to get 5mm red LED's. Depending on what voltage power supply you use, the LED's will need resistors. If you're not familiar with using resistors, you can get pre-wired LED's that are ready for 12 volts. You can also get a power supply on ebay, a 12vdc 1A will power about 50 LED's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the lights but when I search for 12v dc power supply all the ones I get look like phone chargers. Just not sure which one to order.

·
Registered
300 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts