Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife found an old chandelier at a garage sale a few years back. It didn't work. I dug it out of storage. Wired it up added some skulls and light. Got some $1.50 skulls from CVS. Put hot glue on top to make it look like candle wax. Then Mixed brown and Black poster paint to get a good mud color. Then wiped it all over the skulls and hot glue to antique them. That's it pretty simple. Just need to add some cob webs on halloween. :D

Please let me know what you think?

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Holy cow!! That is AWESOME!!! I love it!!! GREAT Job :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's totally cool, man!! I have an old wooden wagon wheel that I want to do that to. Great job!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It looks great! I agree, many of the store bought props are good for only one season, that chandelier will last much longer.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,282 Posts
Definitely a beautiful job - that looks amazing! :cool:

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
I think that having something on hand and working with it makes the best props! I love what you did to it! You really don't need to spend a whole lot of money on something....just look around get your brain working and start creating! I also love that fact that everyone here shares ideas and helps everybody out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not waked at all. I was thinking the same thing. I just need to find a place that is appropriate to hang it. Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I really enjoy seeing other peoples creative stuff. I like throwing a few things on here as well to see what people think. Lets me know that I am on the right track.

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
I'm thinking over my dining room table would be divine. Can you just see everyone's expressions as they eat Christmas dinner with that hanging over their heads? Oh I just LOVE the thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts