Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share with you a little project I made over the weekend. As my theme is dead pirates this year, (and going on the fact that in the UK it will probably rain again so everything will have to be indoors) I wanted to make a surround for my living room door and came up with the idea of the skull shaped cliff/cave that is on Pirates of the Caribbean. I wanted something lightweight that wouldn't keep falling down, so decided to use cardboard base, and used rolled up carrier bags to create the 3D effect, which I then covered in paper mache and painted in stone effect. I don't claim to be an amazing prop creator, but don't think it has turned out too badly, still have some painting to do and add the three remaining cross bones on it but almost there! Any comments/ideas for improvement greatly appreciated :)

S6302499.jpg

S6302500.jpg

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, not sure yet about the lights, my plan is I have half a ship that I am going to put in my living room with my pirates and other props, and I have one of those Daren wave machines, I was kind of trying to create like it is underwater, I was going to put a few of my green LED's around and I have lots of lanterns which will be lit by the candles I made, so don't know if I will have enough light. I always have to plan my props for indoors, as we usually have a rainy Halloween in the UK!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts