Halloween Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Great job! Are there pics of the guts (e.g. the mechanism)? Apologies in advance if I missed them.
I didn't take any pics of the mech before I installed it but it's a basic 4-bar. I use a simulation program that I've had on my PC for years to calculate the measurements, without that there would be a whole lot of trial and error because the pivot points are super critical. Here's a pic after I added a partial broken lid and more spider webs. The broken lid adds to making it appear totally static.

Sculpture Chainsaw carving Grass Art Carving

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So what program you use?
You can download the zip files here:
http://www.boopack.com/software.html
Click the link: FourBarAll.zip
I have to warn you though, there's no instructions on how to use the program and it's not user friendly at all. I just play around with it until I get a setup that fits my application. I also used that program to design the linkage for the Scarecrow I did last year.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That has to be one of the best props I've ever seen! I love the height it gets. Any chance on a tutorial or a link to one? I need that for my cemetery
Hey thanks for compliments. This was totally my own design so there's no tutorial out there. There are so many elements of this prop where the dimensions are super critical, I mean down to a 16th of an inch. For me to write up detailed plans would require a serious chunk of my time and even then, if it's built to specs there's a pretty good chance that something will be off enough to cause problems. For those reasons it's doubtful that I'll do a tutorial.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No worries. Looks like I’ll just go through the trial and error myself and hopefully have it up by next year. I already have tons of stuff to make for this year that I don’t have time for. Definitely one of, if not the best, props I’ve ever seen.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts