Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...every time another thread pops up regarding SkeletonStore.com I try to get this answered and I have yet to get a response...So I'll start my own thread! :p

I've seen it mentioned, when people talk about higher prices for bucky and Barney, that they should just go and register as a reseller and then they get a discount that way.

My question is this; Can anyone with a home haunt register for a reseller account, or do you actually have to be int he business of reselling props and making money off your haunt in some way? They have an entry for Prop Builder when you register, but does building props for yourself count?

Thanks for any info on this, to anyone out there who has it. :D

·
Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
I believe you need a tax ID number.

The who's and where's and howfors, and fees associated with obtaining one vary by state. So, check with the proper local authorities to see if it's worth it.

·
Typing Away
3,623 Posts
I think you can get one without having to have the tax ID number information because I had an account before the skeleton store took it over. the best thing to do is to call them and find out because I am like you a home haunter.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm....I seem to recall a stink raised by a bunch of haunters when the whole transition happened because before they could get discounts from Bucky's Boneyard and they were worried about this taking that away from them...I thought everyone had been assured again and again that home haunters would be taken care of, but I can't find any confirmation of that now...

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Call Linda at SkeletonStore and ask her to set up a reseller's account for you. Give her your haunt name (or business name) and your tax ID, which is your social security number if you're "self-employed". You don't need an EIN (Employer Identification Number), aka federal tax number, unless you pay certain taxes, have employees, are a corporation, or withhold taxes.

·
Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
OK...lots of confusion going on in here.

FEDERAL tax id, and the STATE RESALERS TAX ID are two seperate topics.

CERTAIN STATES require you to obtain a federal tax ID prior to obtaining a resalers ID.

CERTAIN OTHER STATES don't even require a resalers ID, which may be how Haunter is using his SSN. (or it may be the skeleton store is not selling 'true wholesale')

The Resalers id (aka resalers liscense, tax id, and other names) is a STATE statute that varies by state. It is required to BUY OR SALE WHOLESALE, or to resale. As said, though, the laws vary by the state, and your best bet is to check with your local govt for the particulars about your individual situation.

Fees are typically low ($50ish), and buying wholesale can open a lot of avenues, more than just a bucky. So, you should way the price vs your own personal situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts