Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want some of these skeleton spiders:

spider.jpg

I saw them in the HalloweenFX catalog they so kindly sent me, but it seems they are out of stock there and everywhere. Has anyone purchased these before, and is the quality good? They look scary and sinister to me ... just the kind of look I go for. I'd love to have some mounted on the side of my house so the mailman has to pass them every day, hehe.

I've seen another one but it's just not as scary. Anyone see these around?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I got one last year in a big Craigslist purchase. He's great quality and I love him.

The last few years Rite Aid has had something similar. Keep an eye out there this year.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I emailed HalloweenFX to see if they knew when their stock would be replenished and they just emailed me back this morning. Apparently they really don't know, but they assume it will be in August sometime.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I actually have several of them and they are at least 10 years old so some damage to a few of them, but they are good quality. A nice hard plastic like the pose and stay skeletons. The chains get pretty rusty when outside, I was actually thinking of corpsing a couple of them.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great news. I can see a few of these scampering around my house already. I think they're better than regular skeleton spiders, because the use of the human skull on the skeleton body is just not natural, it's an aberration that your mind keeps creeping out on.

Wow, would be great if I could figure out how to ... while someone is standing there trying to make sense of them ... get one to scamper forward a bit.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one of those guys that I bought many years ago. I did a bit of searching and found the guy but the site said he was out of stock and discontinued. Not sure if that's the same manufacturer. ( http://www.costumesball.com/product_info/15828/6-5-skeleton-spider.html )
I wonder if that page may have been cached on your computer, because when I click the link it states "page not found". That's okay, I appreciate your keeping an eye out. I'll hold out hope that HalloweenFX gets them in as planned.

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Shindigz has them, but they don't ship until LaborDay. $14.99, but there is always a coupon code out there to reduce the price. They have skeleton spiders in stock too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, looks promising that I will likely have a few to decorate with! Unfortunately, there is no At Home near me. I'll check out Shindigz.

ETA: Hmm. I looked at Shindigz and it appears the spider may be different from the one at HalloweenFX. The differences are slight, but just enough to make me want to hold out to see if they get them in. They look more sinister to me. Of course it would be better to inspect them in person but I won't have that opportunity in my rural area.

Shindigz:

spider_shindigz.jpg

HalloweenFX:

spider_fx.jpg

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Thanks, looks promising that I will likely have a few to decorate with! Unfortunately, there is no At Home near me. I'll check out Shindigz.

ETA: Hmm. I looked at Shindigz and it appears the spider may be different from the one at HalloweenFX. The differences are slight, but just enough to make me want to hold out to see if they get them in. They look more sinister to me. Of course it would be better to inspect them in person but I won't have that opportunity in my rural area.

Shindigz:

View attachment 245781

HalloweenFX:

View attachment 245782
The only difference I see is Shindigzs only has 6 legs

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only difference I see is Shindigzs only has 6 legs
That's funny, I didn't even notice that before. But maybe the eight legs on the HalloweenFX spider adds to the creepiness and that's why I prefer it. Also, the joints on the FX spider end in multiple phalanges, whereas the Shindegz spider does not.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
That's funny, I didn't even notice that before. But maybe the eight legs on the HalloweenFX spider adds to the creepiness and that's why I prefer it. Also, the joints on the FX spider end in multiple phalanges, whereas the Shindegz spider does not.
I didn't notice that about the feet on the Shindegz,only the missing legs :)
I have one of the spiders and mine DOES have human hands where his feet are.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, but it appears none of the stores listed have the skeleton spider with hands.

I see many sellers on Aliexpress have them, but maybe since the spiders with no hands are less expensive buyers went for them instead. I can't find anyone selling the ones with hands. I did find one on Ebay, so at least I have one now to creep out my mailman with!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts