Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A winter project I've been picking away at. Stands a bit under 5 ft tall. The small lantern can be removed if we decide not to display it. The prop uses a piece of 3/4" pvc pipe and will slide over a piece of rebar. Prop is ready for paint as soon as the weather breaks. Will post pics when it's done.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,809 Posts
I really, really like it. Are you going to age it a bit with paint or just paint it to have some dark/low spots? Would look wickedly awesome with the "old bone" gray/browns and a few cobwebs... but I also sort of like the stark white (adding a bit of darker paint in the deep areas for contrast) so what do I know? Either way, it will look amazing! :D

Would love to see it in low light with the lantern lit.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really, really like it. Are you going to age it a bit with paint or just paint it to have some dark/low spots? Would look wickedly awesome with the "old bone" gray/browns and a few cobwebs... but I also sort of like the stark white (adding a bit of darker paint in the deep areas for contrast) so what do I know? Either way, it will look amazing! :D

Would love to see it in low light with the lantern lit.
Thanks FG. The entire prop will get color. Trunk and arms will be brown with some green shading. The skulls will be aged bone white with accents. There will be a lot of dry brushing and shading techniques used. I'll coat the entire thing in black as a base and then lighten things up from there. We'll add moss and creepy cloth on it as well for added interest. I'll get some night shots after it's done. Our weather here has been crappy so have to wait for a warm up and no wind.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking forward to seeing this in all its glory.
Thanks doto, so am I! If it comes out as I envision it should look pretty cool!

Nasty looking critter. Me like.
As to the weather it's currently 35 with a 40 MPH wind.And nothing milder in sight. Some freaking spring.
We're getting more heavy wet snow here and very strong winds. Spring is definitely on a delay this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts