Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an idea this year for a costume/prop, but I'm not quite sure how to get it to work, so I'm hoping some of you can point me in the right direction. I'm building a new coffin for our display and thought it would be really effective if I could be inside so when people come up and open it, I can scare them. My thought was this, getting one of those full body nylon suits in black, the kind you see a lot of sports fans wear at games, get a skeleton from Walmart or Walgreens, and attach it to the suit. Then layer the inside of the coffin with black fabric so I blend in and hopefully all that is seen is the skeleton. Then I can make a sudden movement and scare them when they look inside.

I figured I may have to take the skeleton apart a bit to make this work, but I'm not quite sure how to attach it to the fabric of the body suit. I thought of some kind of fabric glue, but I figured the bones might come off with all the moving I'm going to be doing. I thought of sewing too, but that just raised all sorts of questions and concerns.

So my question is this, what would be the best way to attach the skeleton parts to the body suit, or is there a better way to go about this without the body suit and skeleton?

·
Registered
36 Posts
First off... Great idea!!!!!! I have a feeling you are going to scare the pants off of some people!!

2nd... The first solution that comes to mind would be zip ties... You can get really thin ones and just have someone zip tie the skeloton on your ankles and wrist assuming your getting a whole skeloton not in pieces... Just a thought not sure how well it would work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts