Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes inspiration comes from unlikely sources. I was book browsing online today and found a book called "Murder is No Mitzvah". As soon as I saw the book cover, I said "great Halloween meal idea!!!". It shows a bowl of matzoh ball soup with the broth, carrots, two matzoh balls and a little carved skull, which I thought looked like it might be carved from a potato.

Here's a quick link to the book on amazon but if it's not showing up search for the title:
Amazon.com: Murder Is No Mitzvah: Short Mysteries about Jewish Occasions: Abigail Browning: Books

I happen to love matzoh ball soup so it's something I would make but also thought you could serve a skull potato with stew or just as a side dish with meat or whatever. I would think you would peel the potato and carve the guy out first and then boil it until fork tender and then add it to your meal at the last second when plating up.

Has anyone ever played with their potatoes this way before?

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Great idea! Even if you didn't like the soup you could make potatoes into little skulls for just about anything :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts