Halloween Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks very much. It wasn't a hard project, just some time and simple materials. Walgreen's skeleton, replaced the head with a better skull. Zip ties to hold the arm position. Glue mache corpsing. Painted the whole body with a brownish gray spray paint (Rustoleum London Gray). Dry brushed on some green/brown "oops" paint, then a light dry brush of some white to highlight the details. Added some creepy cloth, twigs, Spanish moss. The lanterns are glass jars with glue mache textures on the top and bottom. The wooden bases are just to hold the uprights in place and won't be part of the displayed prop on Halloween.
These look fantastic! Where did you get the replacement skulls for the skeletons?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
These look fantastic! Where did you get the replacement skulls for the skeletons?
Thanks! I bought these a few years back from Mr. Chicken. To the best of my knowledge he is no longer making them, which is too bad as they are a really nice dense foam skull with good detail. Check out Nightmare Makers. They make a great skull. They're on facebook and I believe they have a webpage too. I bought several skulls from them as well. Another place is Delirium Studios (?) Nice detailed skulls as well. hth

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey! Nice to see those skulls going to good use. They look great.
Thanks Jasper! Really great skulls. Here's another prop I made using one.

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts