Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making a pair of these. There will be one on each side of our front porch. Just getting the arm placement thus far.

Attachments

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,070 Posts
That is fabulous! I can't wait to see them in place.

This is one of those theatrical touches that really set the scene. :)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FG! Lots of work to do; painting and some light corpsing. I did bend the fingers in using a heat gun and that gives it a better look. Once I get the second one mounted, I can take them out to the garage and being detailing them. They should look pretty cool.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the second one mocked up and the hands in position. Messing with ideas to creep them up a bit without a lot of plastic corpsing, etc.. Thinking layers of creepy cloth, filling the chest cavities with Spanish moss, etc.. Have lots of time to play with it.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finished the corpsing on the pair. Now ready for paint. Plan to spray them with a medium brown, and then dry brush a couple of lighter shades on them. Getting closer.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Annnd I'm putting this one in the big book of future ideas, those turned out fantastic.
Thanks very much. It wasn't a hard project, just some time and simple materials. Walgreen's skeleton, replaced the head with a better skull. Zip ties to hold the arm position. Glue mache corpsing. Painted the whole body with a brownish gray spray paint (Rustoleum London Gray). Dry brushed on some green/brown "oops" paint, then a light dry brush of some white to highlight the details. Added some creepy cloth, twigs, Spanish moss. The lanterns are glass jars with glue mache textures on the top and bottom. The wooden bases are just to hold the uprights in place and won't be part of the displayed prop on Halloween.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would love to see how you zip tied them. Looks fantastic.
You can kind of get an idea from this. I zip tied the shoulder joints to secure them and keep them from wobbling like they do. I then used zip ties through to lower arms and then through the rib cage to get the right angle so the hands would interlock and hold the lantern. Pretty simple!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts