Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks really good as it is! Do you just have a white or black light on it? It's that some cloth and spider webs? How did you get it to move?

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
I think that looks pretty amazing as is - great movement! The lighting and the treatment of the "clothes" make it look very etherial.

heresjohnny is definitely a wizard of sorts, so it's good to see that his magic works for others too. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks really good as it is! Do you just have a white or black light on it? It's that some cloth and spider webs? How did you get it to move?
Thanx! I'm using a blue flood light in this video. The cheesecloth I used to cover the ghost doesn't glow in black light..... yet! I read that I can wash the cloth in some laundry soap and that will make it glow in black light. Thinking about doing that. As far as the movement it's one deer motor and I used this video to figure out the mechanics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1wIm084Q0&list=UUc8MY_2QjJ_WcHSZyScuaGg

I think that looks pretty amazing as is - great movement! The lighting and the treatment of the "clothes" make it look very etherial.

heresjohnny is definitely a wizard of sorts, so it's good to see that his magic works for others too. :)
Thank you:) and yeah, his projects are mind boggling. Some of his newer stuff with 5000 things operating off one motor is just straight out crazy!

He looks great lighting just awesome!
Good ol' fashion floodlights.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Started it yesterday and made good progress but I still have to figure how to dress the darn thing,
Try using some shredded .08mil plastic dropcloth and a very small fan (it won't take much wind to move the dropcloth around). It'll give your spook an ethereal, floating look. As a bonus, the dropcloth seems to be slightly UV reactive. Maybe it's just my lights + the particular brand though.
Mad jelly of your skills! Good job!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I think it's finally starting to look like something. Also, I just soaked the cheesecloth in laundry soap and water for a bit and then dried it and it worked great!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 21 Posts