Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else notice that seller on ebay selling the skeleton dog like the Grandin road ones for $34.99? Seems like a great deal! A few weeks before halloween I tried to buy one only to find them sold out and selling on eBay for $150-$250. I think I might have to buy one of these, I'm wondering though if it IS the grandin road one or a copy?

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
I saw it being sold on Amazon for that price too. Someone in another thread said they had bought a few at that price from that seller for a set up they were working on. At least at that price you aren't getting taken advantage of due to limited stock in the marketplace. I'm going to say it's the same one. If you aren't in a hurry though, a member (X-Pired?? I think) just posted under the GrandinRoad thread in General Discussions that GR has relisted the skeleton dog. It sells for the original $29 I believe, but if I'm not mistaken it has a delivery date of a few months out. Check the GR site and figure out total cost at all places with shipping and figure out who you'd trust your money to. If GR has reordered them, which it would appear they did and you can wait, you might just want to hold off until they run a free shipping offer or something like that and save some more money on it.

I suspect that if GR doesn't have an exclusive on the dog this year, then you may see other sources for it as we approach halloween 2014. GR is a really decent place to order from and has great customer service plus their shipping is generally pretty good and their sales can save you some funds. When I ordered from them during the holidays, my order came with a free shipping code thru the holidays. Nice little bonus if you had more items to order then.

just checked GR to add link above and yes, it has an expected delivery date in June. Right now their free ship offer wouldn't include the dog (wall decor only). If you aren't on GR's newsletter yet I think you can sign up first and get some discount that way if you choose to order thru them.

·
Registered
854 Posts
GoS - I'm not sure which dog skelly you want, though I think it is the bulldog. The one I'm trying to find is this one CG2463.jpg but it always seems to be sold out.
HM

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
Hey Hallomarine! Actually blacksc was looking to buy the skeleton bull dog, I'm set from last year--ordered mine as soon as it hit GR website. It's a great dog and I like that you have some flexibility positioning him if you are careful. I'll keep an eye out for the one you are looking for, looks like resin?, and give you a heads up if I see one. Hope you guys have a good year this year.

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
Hallomarine, back sooner than I thought. That Skel-e-dog (that's the name to search for it by) is being sold here (see below) and is currently in stock. More expensive than the bull dog.

http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Garden-Decor_3HA/View-all-Garden_3HB/Item_s-SKEL-E-DOG_CG2463.html

Of course it is resin instead of flexible plastic too. If you order it try Code WOEGOOGLE7 for shipping of 3.99 on orders over $50. The dog should qualify. I saw a note that Sky Mall had it for sale as well but at the same price. Although when I went to Sky Mall a 20% off offer popped up which valid on your first order if you signed up for their email. Skel-e-dog is also being sold on Amazon at the same price. Didn't look at shipping.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I would use Grandin Road but when I tried last year they didn't accept PayPal so never did. I can use PayPal via eBay

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
Unfortunately I would use Grandin Road but when I tried last year they didn't accept PayPal so never did. I can use PayPal via eBay

I noticed that GrandinRoad ended up going with PayPal's Bill Me Later service. If you go to the GR site look for the link to it at the bottom under "More Ways to Shop".

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
I don't see the planter bucket as a biggie tho. Probably easy enough to get rid...not unlike those circles in the Dollar Tree/99Cent Only Stores Vampire etc. door knockers where the circular door knocker went through their mouths on the side. Easy enough to fill the holes if need be. Or you could always have plants in the bucket during the year and then fill it with bones at Halloween.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,099 Posts
For anyone that is interested in the Skel-e-dog from 'WhatonEarth' I have him, and think he's pretty great.

However, please note that the basket is CONNECTED to the torso, and is not the separate piece that it appears to be. In other words, it is not as simple as cutting the wire, and removing the basket. :(

The image below is of ours (he is named Jaunty) and has been used in multiple haunts now...he just gets a different costume each year. Note the area on his chest where the basket used to be. I had to rebuild the bones, and paint after literally breaking off the resin cast basket.

No one ever really notices, as he is supposed to look pretty banged up and skeletal, but it is definitely something you should know going in if you don't want to retain the basket.

Jaunty.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts