Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a halloween cartoon from my childhood (late 80's early 90's) the school would would show it to so every year

in it skeleton was dressed in a purple hooded robe or cape. played the violin and all skeletons would crawl out of their graves and dance very elegantly two of them were a bride and groom they all danced to the song "Dance Macabre"
this is the song

I thought it was a disney movie but i can not find it and it is not called Dance Macabre or disney's Dance Macabre

so what is the name of the movie? and does any one have it or clips please share

thank you

·
Registered
392 Posts
ok for some reason my video doens't work...just click on where ti says youtube-dance macabre...that will take you to the video.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That embedding thing is annoying. I think that Youtube is doing that to cover their butts. (copyrights and all) If you click on the arrow it says "embedding disabled" click in that area again and it will take you to the youtube video (in a new window)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no that is not it
the one I am talking about the Grim Reaper is wearing a purple robe and playing the violin
and it was before people used computers to animate because I was in the second grade when I saw it and that was back in 1992 but it could be older

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Oh, aren't you adorable!! :p

"It was before people used computers to animate things because it was 1992!" :rolleyes:

Please keep in mind, for the sanity of us old farts, that computers started animating cartoons and films in the 1980s. Heck, Jurassic Park came out in 1993 -- and that was some pretty cool CGI.

Whew . . . now that I have that out of my system, could you tell us anything else about the setting? In what part of the country did you go to school? Have you tried contacting the school? It was only 15 years ago and teachers might still know what you saw.

Do you remember if it was a film on a reel, or a VHS tape that you watched? Do you remember if it was something made for school or music class? Or was it something a teacher just happened to record off of tv?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to school in the US it was VHS and it was in music class I believe it to be older then 92 it never looked new

it the movie the grim reaper would stand, and sit, on tomb stones as all the other skeletons dance in front of him there was two skeletons dressed as bride and groom as the sun comes up they all go back to their graves. the bride and groom kiss one last time before they go back to sleep and the Grim Reaper just vanishes

it was not a "let's laugh at the skeletons" type movie. it was made to be a elegant, classy,
the biride and groom skeletons do the waltz

and it was short so it may be like a collection of cartoons like Fantasia

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
I went to school in the US it was VHS and it was in music class I believe it to be older then 92 it never looked new

it the movie the grim reaper would stand, and sit, on tomb stones as all the other skeletons dance in front of him there was two skeletons dressed as bride and groom as the sun comes up they all go back to their graves. the bride and groom kiss one last time before they go back to sleep and the Grim Reaper just vanishes

it was not a "let's laugh at the skeletons" type movie. it was made to be a elegant, classy,
the biride and groom skeletons do the waltz

and it was short so it may be like a collection of cartoons like Fantasia
Fantastic description. Thank you for all the additional detail.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
allmost but not quite in the one i am looking for there is more color and the Grim Reaper never stops playing the violin till the sun comes up

i believe the movie starts like this

we see a graveyard the sun is just about to go down. some one is walking through the graveyard wearing a purple hooded robe the wind blows kicking up the dead Octoder leaves and the purple rode and we see the legs of a skeleton. it jumps up on top of a tomb stone. he looks up at the church clock as it strikes. the sun is down by this point and he starts to play and so dose the music. at one point the groom skeleton comes out of his grave then he helps his wife out and they dance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I so remember exactly what you are talking about...

...but I'll be damned if I remember the name of it. You really brought back some memories, when I saw it it was a regular film, not VHS. No wisecracks about old age, we lived in a pretty backwoods area. And I'm that old.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts