Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
I love it. How Vintage halloween...before all the moms got concerned about passing germs back and forth! Remember those bobbing times well.

Very impressed with the fluid movement of the torso and head. Please come back and post a finished prop video when you can.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey everyone thanks for all the compliments, it's great when a prop turns out as good as you planed. For anyone interested in the how to, it really was't that difficult, check out my last post (Drop & give me 20) it shows this prop without cloths. You can see the wiper motor, linkage, and looking closely how I made the head move. First I ran a piece of 1/2" pvc pipe through the spine for support, with a tee just below the rib cage, installed a 4" pipe in the tee, this is where the wiper motor linkage attaches to. For the head movement I used about an 8"piece of 1/2"pvc pipe, slid a 3/4" tee over it, install two pieces of 3/4" pipe into the open ends of the tee. Then put the skull on one of the 3/4 pipes and attach a piece of string to the other one. Ziptie the 1/2 pipe to the inside sholders of the skeleton and tie the string to a mounting bolt hole on the wiper motor. Make sure the pipe with the string is long enough to clear the ribs. Now for the hard part, by trial and error, getting the lenghts of the linkage, pcv pipes and string correct. I hope this helps and Thanks again my fellow haunters. Rick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts