Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am absolutely making these! I have been looking for some cheap, easy columns to do and these are PERFECT! I have some ideas to make them my own. Can't wait to make them and post pictures. I hope you'll like it! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are awesome....do you have a picture with the gargoyles on top or did I just miss it! Great idea. Thank you very much for sharing!

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,337 Posts
WOW!! SO Glad this thread has moved into 2011 from it's original post date! What a great idea and just in time as we are building new facets to our graveyard - trying to "kick it up a notch!" I'm thinking silk flames blowing out of the top of the columns would be cool too! Thanks for re-posting!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love it..... I have been thinking about a tombstone with a skeleton on it and then dip strips in M.M. to decopauge over it so it looks like it was carved into the stone. but I may do it on columns instead....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Cool thread and great handiwork!

I've been looking for a suitable entry to my cemetery at the based of my sidewalk. I'm going ot lack the time to do the more elaborate square columns that I've seen here (although that's my preference) and am also a little lean on storage space. Using Sonotubes would be a good way to have a stately, spooky entrance and not be too awfully time intensive. Hope Home Depot will have them--I've not seen them lately.

·
Registered
226 Posts
FYI: the 8" diameter, 4' tall concrete tubes at about $7 at Lowe's.

Will update with pics on my columns, but I bought the raw materials over the weekend. This is the last project I can do this year! My eyes are too big for my stomach with all the prop building!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts