Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hmm... I like how your posts turned out, and it allows me to mull further a similar project I started working on this summer. I'm thinking it would be possible to add a couple of LED lights and a battery from inside the tube (taped), and make the skeleton eyes glow... Maybe even add it to a remote switch or PIR, and have the eyes light if someone leans in "too" close to take another look?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love this idea, but instead of using the pressboard bulletin boards,is there anything else i can use for the tops and bottoms, i live in texas so there is always a storm around the corner

·
Registered
391 Posts
Eyellbrakeu ... I bet you could find/use a small round table top or maybe even just a plain piece of plywood cut to size. It might cost a few $$ but would give you a little weight in the bottom. Thats a total guess on my part though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Eyellbrakeu ... I bet you could find/use a small round table top or maybe even just a plain piece of plywood cut to size. It might cost a few $$ but would give you a little weight in the bottom. Thats a total guess on my part though.
That's a GREAT idea! I left mine out in the rain and the cardboard base on one warped a bit, even though I had tried to waterproof them. . . I think plywood would be perfect. :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
LOL thanks Effie, I really hadn't even thought about the water issues with a cardboard bottom. Here in my area of AZ, water is always welcome props or no props.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Oh my word!!!! I HAVE to I MUST there is NO WAY I am not making those for my haunt this year!!! thanks for posting such a great idea:)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Great minds think alike. When someone on the list posted their skeleton fountain, I commented they would make great columns. My thought was to combine the tubes with the actual column ends from Lowes, make a base on them like the headstone I saw in show us your stones and top them with gargoyles or a prop I saw that looks like a bowl with a flame rising from it. So far I have purchased the tubes and column ends but since I did not have the bones I needed, I was waiting until someone stocked up some in the stores here in AZ. I wanted to actually see them before buying them. We just started making props and we have other headstones we are working on as well as a cemetery sign and fencing, so our columns are on the back burner for now. I also thought it might be fun to have a skeleton climbing up the back of the column over the other bones.

Nice job on your columns. I love the patina you put on them. I would never have thought on the pipe insulation for top that is a brilliant idea my column bases were 30$ ea.

·
Registered
302 Posts
wow these are awesome!!!!!!!!
yet another MUST do added to my To-Do-List......halloween is how far away??? lol there is no way i can do everything i want in such a short time, it will take yrs. to get it all done!
i really need to prioritize lol

21 - 40 of 68 Posts