Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Presidential Canidate
7,274 Posts
Not sure if they are special so much as they are different.....human skeletons have always been around for decor...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well, during the early 90's at least, and perhaps before or after that, Target used to latch onto a rather cuddly character and made that a theme for Christmas. While I was still little and don't remember all of the themes, I do recall a Velveteen Rabbit year and at least one (maybe two) Lamb Chop (Shari Lewis's lamb puppet) years. They always seemed to have plushies of these themes, and really tried to milk the theme as best they could.

With that in mind, I think someone high in the ranks decided to try this again, but with Halloween. But not only can they offer toys and other trinkets with the character's likeness, but they can now make all sorts of candies to go with the theme, too. Now, I didn't get the Domo thing either (nor am I inclined to become a fan), but the skeleanimals provide a spooky quality that goes nicely with Halloween and, as they have been popular elsewhere like Hot Topic, may bring in old and new fans of the brand and help sell items for Target. Basically, they are a "crossover" toy in regards to interests: they are cute and they are just a tad spooky, which means they may appeal to a wider demographic. Personally, I really do like the design of the large plushies, and since I had missed out on getting the original black and white cat a few years back, I plan on snagging one. Now, I have to figure out if I'm willing to add some nice saber teeth to that kitty and make it an undead Machairodont in need of cuddling...:D

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,184 Posts
Well I know the skeleanimals tend to be widely popular among the tween crowd, and many in the 18+ age group find them to be cute as well.

Its pretty much a fad, making cute things slightly "creepy". The Hot Topic connection is not surprising, at least to me. Give it a year or so and they will be carrying some other hot item that are popular with the "disposable income" crowd... if that even exists in a few years...

As for Domo, that is a Japanese thing. Here the first link that came up in a Google search about it.
Domo-kun / Domokun FAQ

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Yep, start the kids out early - get 'em hooked while they're young!

I've LOVED Halloween as far back as I can remember - probably 4 to 5 years old when I was first hooked!!

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Now if they'll only hurry up and get them in stock:

Skelanimals : Halloween Costumes + Dress-up : Home : Target

The only ones I have seen in stock at my store is the dog one. I would love to have a choice of some of these shown here.
Just a friendly reminder, these Skeleanimal Halloween items are available in limited quantities and are only availabe for a short time and probably won't be restocked, unless they appear in an upcoming sales paper; but since they are seasonal, no rainchecks will be issued; sad, but true :(

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I went to Target tonight and I got Diego the bat! Love him and I am far above the 18+ crowd :D

Btw my Target has already lined the back walls near Halloween with Christmas outdoor decor and Christmas cards!!

They haven't even got all the Halloween in yet. ( I don't think).

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Awww, I've been a skeleanimals fan for a couple years. I love them! Soft and squishy and dead.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts