Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Crazy Bonez, I've been interested in collecting different types of skeleton creatures. I'm hoping that by starting this, we could pool together the info of what type of skeleton collections are out there.

What On Earth was the first with the skele-a-gnome, skele-a-dog, skele-a-dragon, skele-a-goose, skele-a-cat and skele-a-squirrel. Just added is a gummy bear skeleton!

Crazy Bonez has the skeleton bulldog, hound, beagle, cat, bird, spider, vulture, mouse and scorpion.

Mernards has a skeleton gnome collection that also includes a few dogs around Halloween.

Spirit has their skeleton gnomes and garden creatures/zombies too.

There are also skeleton flamingos.

Anything I've missed?

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I got those as well last year! Here are links and pics. They call it a "dinosaur skeleton" but works well as a bat.
Thanks for the link and photos! I am laughing because just yesterday I was having a discussion with a friend of mine that I could not remember if it was a dinosaur or bat. LOL
I'm going to pass it off as a bat skeleton. ;)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I got the dino-bat, too :) along with a few dogs, crows, and a boney-eared cat. I also have an accurate repro of a cat skeleton. I got a Bio supply frog-- a sturdier and somewhat more realistic scientific model (overly large and heavy boned, though). I've been accumulating a while! I have a few small cryptozoid skeletons (I have a weakness for those). I have a couple of the skulled spiders like Scott_Garrett's (nice setup with that one!) but I don't yet have the new one, nor the Buzzard. I'm waiting to see what's available at what price when Halloween gets closer. (I do have a genuine tarantula "skeleton"...an in tact shed, but that's something else again!)

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,915 Posts

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That looks pretty close to the frog I have. Did it come disassembled in a box?
A squirrel? I didn't even know about that one. Hmmmm...

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That would be great if you could pose it!
Oo, that squirrel is fantastic! I'll have to add him to my list of things to get back to when the time gets closer!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I so wanted a pig skelly for our luau resort themed year, but couldn't find one. We were going to have it being roasted. Well, at least we had a skeleton mermaid (I sewed a tail for her.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Oh, great idea for the luau pig. I only have the bird, but as these things get more popular, they are really growing on me. They are good for a lab, an oddities display, a witch area, or just as part of a scene.

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Punkineater,
Please do post pics. I will hold off on my project until I see that frog.
I was just fiddling around and the frog I have just won't do now. LOL :)
Will do, Hilda! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, like oojen said, that the critters will be poseable, but if not, I'll still
be happy...it's BONES, and I just love me some bones!

I so wanted a pig skelly for our luau resort themed year, but couldn't find one. We were going to have it being roasted. Well, at least we had a skeleton mermaid (I sewed a tail for her.
Here's a link to a site that sells all kinds of animal skeletons..albeit very pricey! If you found a pig skull at a reasonable price (found mine at a yard sale for $10), you could fake the rest of the skelly with cardboard & paper mache...just a thought.
http://www.animalskeletons.net/animal-skeletons-pig.html

1 - 20 of 72 Posts