Halloween Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have been getting these on my iphone for the past week, only when on Halloween Forum. It is more than an ad, as it closes the halloween forum window (if it is an ad, I would recommend not using that ad since it auto directs away from your forum). Seems specific to this site only.

·
Administrator
626 Posts
Hello all,

If you are getting these ads please provide us with the following information so we can block them.
  • take a screenshot of the page or “pop up” that loads and hijacks the page you’re browsing
  • note what you were doing or what forum section or thread you were browsing
  • copy the URL of the now hijacked page
  • device info, browser, and software
  • geolocation where it happened
  • put all of that info in this thread
Jeff M

·
Administrator
626 Posts
Thank you all for letting us update our reports with these instances, remember the more information you equip us with, the better we can apply the best tools to fight this.

• take a screenshot of the page or “pop up” that loads and hijacks the page you’re browsing
If you experience this issue on a desktop, and are comfortable gathering the HAR file, please send us a Conversation, so we can begin to gather that information with you.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello all,

We found a possible solution on this should see way less of these moving forward.

Jeff M
I don't think you have it fixed yet! I am on Safari on a Mac and today it was totally ridiculous - to the point I couldn't read anything on your site for more than 3 seconds without getting redirected to some scam site!
go go power rangers.com.... fast redirect.com.... and so many more!!!!
I was about ready to just delete this Halloween Forum from my life but a member suggested installing an ad blocker.
So far that is working for me. Not sure you get any revenue generated if we all block the ads????
Good luck with this.......

·
Administrator
626 Posts
I don't think you have it fixed yet! I am on Safari on a Mac and today it was totally ridiculous - to the point I couldn't read anything on your site for more than 3 seconds without getting redirected to some scam site!
go go power rangers.com.... fast redirect.com.... and so many more!!!!
I was about ready to just delete this Halloween Forum from my life but a member suggested installing an ad blocker.
So far that is working for me. Not sure you get any revenue generated if we all block the ads????
Good luck with this.......
Hi there! We did identify one ad source that was causing this, but unfortunately there can be others. They change often to try to get around blocks and protections put in place. Super frustrating, I know!

I do appreciate that you are considering the ad revenue that keeps the lights on for the forum. Very kind of you! But we also don't want you to have a terrible experience and we know these hijack ads are frustrating. If you are willing to turn off your ad blocker to help us get the information we need to hunt down these ads, we would need the following:

Since it does appear you are on a desktop, if you are comfortable with us walking you through gathering some advanced diagnostics (called a HAR file), please send us a Conversation, so we can begin to gather that information with you. We can walk you through it. It is the very best and quickest way for us to identify these ads that behave in this way. Thanks so much!

Tess

21 - 31 of 31 Posts