Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! This year, the theme for the Halloween party will be Harry Potter (I'm sure there will be more than a few :D). To help set the tone, I'm dedicated to the idea of mounting a flat panel computer monitor to a lampost and having a 'moving' Sirius Black wanted poster (as seen in 'Prisoner of Azkaban') run on a constant loop.

The logistics aren't too terribly difficult, but for some reason I'm having absolutely NO luck finding a screensaver, .GIF, or any other similar video version of the poster that I can adapt for the purpose. Once upon a time, WB had it on their web site, but that was years ago, and I can't find any hint of it anywhere.

I've run out of places to look, so I'm hoping that one of the denizens of the forum can point me in the right direction.....any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, it's only a few years later ;), but I finally found the video to pull off the Sirius Black Wanted Poster.

As I see it, this could be done one of two ways, either use the video 'as-is', and simply put a frame around the monitor. Or, zoom/crop the video to be displayed inside of a paper wanted poster that would be printed off, and the monitor simply displays the middle/moving element.

There are probably other ways too, but those are the two that spring immediately to mind.

There are several videos out there now displaying the method that Universal Studios is employing....

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are always those digital picture frames that play video as well pictures. You could try cropping the video and loading it on to one of them. New, they are not cheap. you could try hitting Craig's list. Otherwise I think both monitor ideas would work great.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My pleasure!

When I think of all the time I spent scouring the 'net for this thing originally, and then to just stumble into it like this....:rolleyes:

Anyway, if it helps anyone I'll be genuinely thrilled!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had to look it up on YouTube to see what was going on...it seems they have a monitor set into a poster in the "World of Harry Potter" at Universal in Florida. I'd do the same thing, just crop the moving part of this video out and print a poster to go around a monitor or photo frame.

Did you catch this guy who did it as a costume?! Great idea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqaet3UQ4vo&feature=related

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
My pleasure!

When I think of all the time I spent scouring the 'net for this thing originally, and then to just stumble into it like this....:rolleyes:

Anyway, if it helps anyone I'll be genuinely thrilled!
I may have to give this a try. My wife only tolerates my Halloween addiction, but she is one of the biggest (closet) HP fans. iPod Hogwart's edition $800...had to have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts