Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping there is someone UK based who can point me in the right direction as to the best projector for Atmosfear pumpkins?
I can find the right ratio, lumens etc but am having a problem with the loop / repeat function required, can someone help?

·
Registered
67 Posts
hi,

Are you playing it from a dvd player or computer,,,
for the projector... most lumens you can afford... pumpkins do not have much detail to project. you can get good results from a mini from china.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I was thinking of a USB really, I'm happy with the £100 for a 2000 lumens projector but great if I can go cheaper, my main concern is the repeat function

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you are just buying for this, try used ones on ebay. You can get older models that are just as bright with good bulb life for less than half what you are asking. And if they are local to you, you can try it before you buy it to make sure it does what you need it to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi again..

just got the below shipped to me... works well with pumpkins...(just tested it with atmosfear). repeats the file with the usb and from 1 meter 50 created a good size image... draw back is the logo top right... I block it when set up ... video below shows the loop.....this is a half lite room and video does no justice to colors. all and all think it is fine for pumpkins and it came to Norway in a week...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/unic-uc40-Korean-2015-New-UC40-Projector-Mini-Pico-portable-proyector-Projector-AV-A-V-USB/32282781619.html

·
Registered
719 Posts
hi,

Are you playing it from a dvd player or computer,,,
for the projector... most lumens you can afford... pumpkins do not have much detail to project. you can get good results from a mini from china.
actually, with my projector and the pumpkin jamboree DVD I can actually see the candle inside and the flickering candle flame, so the higher the native resolution the better too, and a high contrast ratio is helpful as well

·
Registered
67 Posts
actually, with my projector and the pumpkin jamboree DVD I can actually see the candle inside and the flickering candle flame, so the higher the native resolution the better too, and a high contrast ratio is helpful as well
like i said the video i took does not do justice.... the flame and reflections show nice in a half lite room when it is dark it is even better.. here the question was about price and being cheap in England where the cost is a little higher than state side... maybe you can tell us your model projector and the cost... than we can really help him.....

for singing pumpkins.... a cartoon.... cheap is fine... for other effects i agree a high end projector is better. I use 6 projectors, would not want to use the high end on pumpkins.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Fletch, I was addressing your comment " pumpkins do not have much detail to project. you can get good results from a mini from china" I was saying they actually do have a lot of detail, so much so that my real pumpkins that were around the singing pumpkins blended in perfectly, almost hard to tell real from projection. I used a Viewsonic PJD5533W that I got off eBay for a little over $300, the best part is I can use it for Halloween and in the off season it is my home theater projector and displays movies in near BluRay quality and looks amazing in both applications. I also have a Dell MH410HD I got off ebay for a little over $200 that I use for the portraits, it doesnt look as good as the Viewsonic tho but works great for the portraits.
Maybe the OP can use those models as a base to start from
Of course if your just using the projector for Halloween and "good enough" is good enough then a cheap projector from China is just fine but I wanted one I could use for Halloween and enjoy all year around watching movies, I mean if you're gonna get one, why not get one you can use for other things as well right? ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the comments, I have found a 1500lumens LED projector with repeat function for £40 on eBay and will be trying it out this evening, I'll let you know how I get on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts