Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Haunters!,
Halloween is creeping around the corner! So I was looking for Ideas when I saw the "Singing Pumpkins Effect" I have purchased this effect before, but this year I want to step it up and create one similar to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqIdMGcmQXQ

Any Suggestions on a good software to achieve an effect like that one. I have experience with video editing and animation. What what be the best!

Nick

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hmmmmm. It might be just as expensive to get some software vs buying one. I have seen some tutorials on making them but for me I would spend a little dough and get them already made. There is one from atmosfx that I own that's pretty good too. I also have a few from the vendor in your link. But to answer your post ( sorry about the shameless plug) I am unfamiliar with what software is used in making those.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmmm. It might be just as expensive to get some software vs buying one. I have seen some tutorials on making them but for me I would spend a little dough and get them already made. There is one from atmosfx that I own that's pretty good too. I also have a few from the vendor in your link. But to answer your post ( sorry about the shameless plug) I am unfamiliar with what software is used in making those.
Thanks for the Post! I do have many atmosfearfx decorations and one from that singing pumpkins vender. I'll keep looking! :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Lordofthearcade...My life long motto has been "never do anything for yourself that you can get someone else to do for you". Following that sentiment, unless you are planning to produce lots of singing pumpkin animations good enough to sell, I would not spend the money or time to produce my own animations. I suggest you just buy good quality singing pumpkin videos to use in your haunt. I also have the atmosfearfx pumpkin animation video and it is very good but the ones I really like the best for my haunt are the singing pumpkin animations produced by thesingingpumpkin.com. These are fantastic, very reasonably priced, and new ones are produced on a regular basis to add to the show. And when you add these additional animations as they are made available they blend seamlessly with the others to produce a flawless singing pumpkin show. I have purchased several of these animations and they are the hit of our Halloween haunt every year. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Lordofthearcade...My life long motto has been "never do anything for yourself that you can get someone else to do for you". Following that sentiment, unless you are planning to produce lots of singing pumpkin animations good enough to sell, I would not spend the money or time to produce my own animations. I suggest you just buy good quality singing pumpkin videos to use in your haunt. I also have the atmosfearfx pumpkin animation video and it is very good but the ones I really like the best for my haunt are the singing pumpkin animations produced by thesingingpumpkin.com. These are fantastic, very reasonably priced, and new ones are produced on a regular basis to add to the show. And when you add these additional animations as they are made available they blend seamlessly with the others to produce a flawless singing pumpkin show. I have purchased several of these animations and they are the hit of our Halloween haunt every year. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the nice comment, Scary Papa!

@Lordofthearcade....Scary Papa is right. It takes A LOT of time to create one of these animations (about 40+ hours per animation, if done RIGHT!). Unless you have some experience with animation, music theory, and theater, you'll find that you'll spend more time trying to LEARN how to do it, and may ultimately end up being frustrated with your efforts. Add to that, the cost of most animation software out there is A LOT more than you'll spend for 3-4 finished animations. Take the suggestions from those above and just purchase some finished product. I think you'll be more than happy with the results.

There's a HUGE selection here.... TheSingingPumpkin.com

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have tried to create my own on crazy talk and trust me it's hard so I would just buy.I have jack o lantern jamboree ,I use for the one pumpkin in the Windows.Now for the singing pumpkins I use TheSingingPumpkins.com pumpkins I totally agree with scary papa those are the best for shows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts