Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What does Pumpkinrot's mummified priest from his CHURCH display have in common with 16th century mummified monks from Palermo Capuchin (1) and 19th century mummified bodies from Guanajuato Mexico (2), more than you might think. There has always been a phenomenon known as Simultaneous Invention or in this case Inspiration. Where several unrelated people working independently come up with similar ideas at the same time. Rot's 2018 CHURCH display was inspired by the 19th century mummified bodies from Guanajuato Mexico, he reviewed the images extensively to draw inspiration for creating his mummied priests. However he had no clue about the mummied monks of Palermo Capuchin (1). It's almost unholy how similar the photos of the monks match his display:

Mummified Palermo Capuchin Monks (1) + Three Priests - Pumpkinrot

Mummified bodies from Guanajuato Mexico (2) + Three Priests - Pumpkinrot

Priest Design Sketch + Final Display - Pumpkinrot

Mummified bodies from Guanajuato Mexico (2)

Mummified bodies from Guanajuato Mexico (2)

Mummified Palermo Capuchin Monks (1)

Mummified Palermo Capuchin Monks (1)

·
Registered
391 Posts
What made you think to compare his last Halloween display with the mummified bodies of monks in Mexico and Italy? You're right on the money, now that I've seen your comparison it's uncanny. I miss seeing his content on Halloween and all things horror, no one else comes close, even the layout of his posts can't be matched.
If I had his kind of talent, I could never just quit cold-turkey and disappear like he did. It's too bad, he will be missed. If you haven't seen it, watch his video "swamp fetus", it's very well done.

·
Registered
323 Posts
What made you think to compare his last Halloween display with the mummified bodies of monks in Mexico and Italy? You're right on the money, now that I've seen your comparison it's uncanny. I miss seeing his content on Halloween and all things horror, no one else comes close, even the layout of his posts can't be matched.
If I had his kind of talent, I could never just quit cold-turkey and disappear like he did. It's too bad, he will be missed. If you haven't seen it, watch his video "swamp fetus", it's very well done.
Everything he does/did was well done. He is the reason why I do Halloween at all. I saw his stuff many years ago, became an immediate fan and have decorated every year since. I do not pretend to even come close to his skill level, but I do decorate. I miss his yearly inspiration. He was my mentor and never knew, lol. :(

·
Registered
391 Posts
Everything he does/did was well done. He is the reason why I do Halloween at all. I saw his stuff many years ago, became an immediate fan and have decorated every year since. I do not pretend to even come close to his skill level, but I do decorate. I miss his yearly inspiration. He was my mentor and never knew, lol. :(
I really miss his comic strip "begging for candy".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.