Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really enjoyed the thread on the mechanical haunted Ouija Board. It is an awesome effect and a great thread. I wanted to share a non-mechanical version of a haunted Ouija Board that is quick and simple to make without hijacking that thread.

I picked up various sizes of flat round magnets at Michaels Crafts. I glued 3 small round magnets on the plastic feet of the pointer making sure the polarity of the magnets varied. I then glued larger magnets under the board, also making sure the polarities varied. I used about 12 magnets under the board.

I left the pointer and board out next to the food (high traffic area) for our Halloween Boo Bash. The board looked as harmless as a Ouija Board can be. Guests would inevitably go up to the board and nudge the pointer out of curiosity. Due to the varying polarity of the magnets, the pointer would shoot forward a couple of inches when it approached a magnet with an attractive polarity. If it was pushed over a magnet with the polarity that would repel the pointers magnets, the pointer would literally fly up and flip over. It scared the brown stuff out of every guest that tried it. :D

Simple, cheap and effective...just like me. ;)

Eric

Reactions: cinemafreak

·
Banned
85 Posts
Ok , question ...
when the pointer ends up getting pushed on top of a magnet that is attracts to , how do you get it to release and get placed into a "neutral" area , without having to physically go over to the pointer and physically move it yourself ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts