Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my inaugural yard haunt & realized I need to really add something drastic to my haunt especially in an area where this holiday is spiraling to near extinction. I love horror & humor so I named my haunt "Silent Hill". The humor behind it being the fact that I live on a hill with neighbors who probably don't even know what the sun is. Anyways, I'd like to do an actual Silent Hill theme next year & wanted to include falling "ash". I've had a few thoughts like a projector, then actually advanced the concept that they could actually feel something falling on them. I had thought of using spraypainted newspaper ripped to pieces but that would be a mess. Unless anyone has a better idea, I think I've decided on a snow machine that I'll add black food dye to. If anyone has a better idea I'd be more than happy to hear it. Also if you know anything about making a snow machine or any other things I could use for my silent hill theme. Thanks! Stephen

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am a big fan of Silent Hill so I am very interested in this theme. I will be keeping a close eye on this thread and try to add my input where I can.

What kind of space are you working with?

Do you think black food dye might stain ToT'ers clothes?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Black food dye in falling snow? I think if I were a parent taking my TOTer around and I was wearing my $100 parka, I'd be a little miffed at the little black stains on it afterwards. So that's probably not a good idea.

Hmmmmmm.......I'll think about it and see if I can come up with anything.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, agreed on the black dye. Honestly, you'd probably be best to just use a regular snow machine, no dye. In the dark, you'd want the ash light-colored anyway so they could see what's supposed to be falling on them.

Admittedly, the illusion will crack when it touches people because fake snow is actually cold and not ashy.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Have a bonfire with clean wood, collect the ashes, and rig up a wind machine floor dryer with the ashes falling slowly into the blowing air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts