Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silent Hill "Miner" costume - finished!

Anyone here a fan of Silent Hill?

About six months ago I planned on making a costume from the game/movie, but after seeing all the pyramid heads and such..
I never saw anyone give the Miners any attention.....my favorite characters!
The helmet is almost complete, all it needs is padding on the inside to keep it secure.
It is made of plaster gauze, cardboard, latex, metal bits and pieces, and a whole lot of different paints.
Very rusty/wet looking and true to the movie in my eyes. :D

The suit is still under way, here it is hanging in my backyard after being painted with brown latex paint, and sprayed lightly with a water hose.
All I need to do next is touch it up with a little green and rust color spray paint, sew the hood and attach buttons or a zipper.

The "Poo Suit" , as I call it. :D

Front:

Back:

And for those of you not familiar with Silent Hill, or the Miners, here is a picture.

I will keep updates regular. :)

Thanks, Monster-Maker.

·
Registered
260 Posts
well that looks nice, just need to see it on someone to see if it is awesome lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hows this, S1n1ster? :)

Still need to sew the hood into place, and position the belt onto the suit.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,282 Posts
Love Silent Hill and played all of the games. :D

LOVE this costume! You did an GREAT job on it!

·
Registered
260 Posts
from the pics i see it looks like you missing some green looking mold or what ever that is on the costume

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
from the pics i see it looks like you missing some green looking mold or what ever that is on the costume
I'm picking up green, rust colored, gold, and black spray paint tomorrow, so it will all be there eventually.

Wow that's cool lookin , does he hold any weapons?

I'm going to look around my local Spirit store or party shop to find a hollow plastic crowbar or something close enough.
If luck comes into play, I might be able to dig up an old fashion box flashlight at goodwill. :rolleyes:

New pictures tomorrow, I've sewn the hood together, and attached closing straps to the hood and front, finished up the belt..etc..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The costume looks great, MM. The helmet really makes it. I'm sure glad you posted the pic of what they're supposed to look like, 'cuz sometimes I'm not as Hip as I think I am. LOL. I'd never seen them before.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to you all for the positive comments. :eek:

Picked up a plastic axe at Spirits and painted it today.

Here it is, all done.

Scratch built suit and helmet, cost around $50 in materials. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I LOVE this!!!! I'm a huge Silent Hill fan! Terrific job!

·
Registered
291 Posts
A couple years back they had these great looking crowbars from when the new Superman movie came out (you bend the crowbar, you are super) I was going to buy one for a Halflife costume but my wife...oh my wife.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,282 Posts
WOW!

Awesome job on the costume! I love love LOVE it! :D

Makes me want to go dig out the movie and the games! :cool:

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Looks really good! I wish some one would make a costume of one of the nurses. Those things creep me out!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts