Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year i made a simple tombstones buy slapping two sheets of plywood together with a 2x4 in between I then carved out lettering and stuck a fool light under the base to light up the inside and show the lettering at night

it worked ok but now this year i'm thinking about making something different but along the same lines

what other way's can i light this up???
I was trying to find the light b/s light sets that clip into the old school blow molds but haven't been able to locate any so far

the flood lights were over kill and really wont give me the effect i want this time around

so what do you guys recommend?????

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Nice yard Confucious. I like the headstones. Also like UnOrthodOx's suggestion with the blacklight and glow paint.

If you are sandwiching the panels with lighting in between, and you want the wording or design lit with different colored lighting in spots, you could probably attach a light strand inside winding it around the lettering/design on all sides and then pic up extra bulbs for the set (or switch out bulbs from other Xmas strands--match voltage) so that you end up with different colored lighting inside the headstone. Not sure I explained that well, hope I did. I do like the cut out method you used on your headstones. It gives depth to the lettering/design and since it's not covered, I think it provides a more pure light.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone........

I'm not really sure what exactly i'm going to do yet i have to really give it some thought
i'm going to start my electric chair this weekend and with luck i'll start on some of these

i'll post up some pictures of everything later on this weekend as i go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts