Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to be showing up in PMs, but not in posts. I had a signature working fine that I changed about a year ago, and the other day, I noticed for the first time, that it wasn't showing up in my posts.

I went back into my settings and set up a new signature. It's still there in my settings and shows up in PMs, but still nothing in my posts.

I've done everything I can do on my end and since it is showing up in PMs, that indicates to me that I have done it right, so I believe the problem for the posts is on your end.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Bob

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,672 Posts
It's showing up in this post now... but not your most recent ones in the last month. That is really weird.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
619 Posts
Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention! I'll try running a couple of rebuilds in the back end of the site to see if that offers any improvements. Give it about an hour or so for the rebuilds to finish and then clear your cache/cookies and check your profile. Please let us know is the problem still occurs.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm afraid it did not seem to make a difference.

I still don't see the image anywhere, and although the signature (minus the image) is showing in this thread, it is not showing in all threads. This one from years ago is the same (Text signature, no image): http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/62161-my-3-axis-skull-progress.html, but this one from a few weeks ago does not show any of the signature: http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/194706-help-halloween-website.html

I visited the site using a different computer that I have never been to the site with, and a different browser than I normally use to test the results without danger of any remembered or cached info getting in.

So bottom line is, there's still a problem across the board with the picture not showing up at all, and a different issue where the rest of the signature shows up in some threads, but not in others.

Thank you for your help.

·
Administrator
619 Posts
Strange, going to start a rebuild once more to fix this issue.
Can you try uploading a different picture in your signature and see if that appears?
If not, I'll have to escalate this issue for investigation

Ed

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hsbanner.jpg This is the image I was trying to use. It is 250px X 50px. Smaller than the maximum in both dimensions. It is also 5.59KB, considerably smaller than the maximum allowed, and it IS showing up in my settings as my current picture. It does not, however show up in any of my posts. I created a new one in Photoshop and uploaded it. The image looks the same, but I recreated it so it would be a new file and uploaded it again. Still no luck. The other issue I have is that I am not getting any notifications from this board. I don't get notified when I get a private message or replies to any threads I am participating in. I'm not sure what's up with that. I also have a question. What's the difference between a Profile Picture and an Avatar? I had an avatar, but changed it now, just to see if that change would show up. I also added a profile picture. Who sees the profile picture and where does it show up?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems that the image is now starting to show up along with the whole signature everywhere. maybe there was some issue with the original version of the signature picture. I inserted the original one in the post above in the text area. It shows there fine, so I don't know why it wouldn't have worked in the signature. But all that aside, it does seem to be working now. The only things that are still issues now are my notifications. I never get notifications when I get a new PM. I rechecked my settings and it IS set to give me instant notification by email for each new message. Also in my settings it is set to automatically subscribe me to any thread I post to or start, but unless I manually go to the thread tools and subscribe, that doesn't happen, and even when I do that, I don't think I'm getting notifications. As an example, I did not get notified when you responded to this thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts