Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I started a 'Haunted Carnival' yard haunt last year. In my carnival, I have a side show tent. I've been looking for some good sideshow gaffs on the internet, that were reasonable. I finally found this seller on Ebay - 'neald123'. I bought 2 off of him last Wednesday, and received them on Saturday (fast shipping!!!). They were both listed as 'Buy It Now', and were great prices. One is a Fiji Mermaid (7" long) ($10.99 + $2.80 s/h), and the other is a Fairie Mummy (7"x7") ($15.99 + $4.80 s/h). The quality of these two items is outstanding. I wish I could afford to buy some of his others. Take a look on Ebay if you are looking for some high quality gaffs, that are a great value. I love these things. They are made from an epoxy resin & polymer clay and are hand painted. From what I've seen, the listings show the actual item being sold.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow! I am definitely checking that out. I saw the pics of these in the Purchases thread and I absolutely love them. Pretty good price too Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered the mermaid but he isn't selling the faerie anymore :(. Can't wait to get the mermaid though!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep checking back. It seems like he sells them as he makes them. The original fairie that I was going to buy was sold and he wound up putting up another like the next day or so. Also, each one that I've looked at (of each type) have been different. The fairie I orginally was looking at had more fly-like wings with veins and such. They had holes in them to make it look old and falling apart. Very very cool. I'm glad you bought one. You won't be disappointed. Let me know what you think when you get it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got my mermaid in yesterday, It's so authentic I didn't want to touch it lol. And it takes a lot to make me grossed out. I love it!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my mermaid in yesterday, It's so authentic I didn't want to touch it lol. And it takes a lot to make me grossed out. I love it!
That's so funny. The same thing happened to me when I pulled them out of the box. I told my wife that they were turning my stomach, and that is saying alot.:eek:
I'm glad you like it. The guy is a master.:D

·
the horror up North ...Eh
2,988 Posts
man almost $20 and you could have made it for about under $5 probably less search how to make tutorials , could have saved you some money you could have made your own and just as professional looking

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
From the photo's and the reviews of forum members, I would say that less than $20 is a very fair asking price for these hand made pieces.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
man almost $20 and you could have made it for about under $5 probably less search how to make tutorials , could have saved you some money you could have made your own and just as professional looking
While it's true that you can buy the material for less than $20, you are paying for the work of art.:D
I mean, I could go out and buy sheet metal, leather, iron and aluminum, etc, for about $20,000, but I'll never be able to turn it into a Ferrari.:D

·
the horror up North ...Eh
2,988 Posts
not dissing the artist or the work just see these items and know that haunters could make them themselves and be their own creator, instead of paying someone, I always try and find ways to make things if i cant then I may buy the item but if i can figure out how to myself it accomplishes much more than writing a check

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
not dissing the artist or the work just see these items and know that haunters could make them themselves and be their own creator, instead of paying someone, I always try and find ways to make things if i cant then I may buy the item but if i can figure out how to myself it accomplishes much more than writing a check
A fair comment...
You never know until you try.
Many people say "Oh, I could never do that...I'm just not artistic".
But when they finally pluck up the courage to give it a go, they're very often pleasantly surprised with the results.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I tried to make them last year:eek:, which is why I bought them this year.:D

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
What an inspiring idea, Finn.

"$20,000, sheet metal= bad Ferrarri"
"It's The Ferrarri From HELL!"
"Personally owned by satan himself! Low , hot miles. Never pampered. Never serviced.
wrecked 16 times, never fixed.
Have you always wanted one of those new/old Rat rods?
Here it is! The Ultimate Rat Rod!

(Unfortunately it does take me years to get these kinds of projects done.)
I built the all-steel "Plymouth Superbird" front end on my old Ford Thunderbird, it looked like a big Corvette!
I realised my Parents didn't love me when I was a teenager since they wouldn't buy me an XKE, Ferraari or a Ford GT-40! They bought grocerys and paid bills instead!
Where were their prioritys?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"$20,000, sheet metal= bad Ferrarri"
"It's The Ferrarri From HELL!"
"Personally owned by satan himself! Low , hot miles. Never pampered. Never serviced.
wrecked 16 times, never fixed.
Have you always wanted one of those new/old Rat rods?
Here it is! The Ultimate Rat Rod!

(Unfortunately it does take me years to get these kinds of projects done.)
I built the all-steel "Plymouth Superbird" front end on my old Ford Thunderbird, it looked like a big Corvette!
I realised my Parents didn't love me when I was a teenager since they wouldn't buy me an XKE, Ferraari or a Ford GT-40! They bought grocerys and paid bills instead!
Where were their prioritys?

Uhhhh...:eek:
Friends don't let friends drink and type.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts