Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I am going to try and 'derelict' my house a little.
I have done up some boards (made of cardboard) to cover the windows and some shutters (made of BIG cardboard) to hang on my big picture window.

Now I just have to figure out how to hang them so that the wind doesn't snatch them off and use them to decapitate innocent trick-or-treaters...
Any ideas? :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was levitating a la Linda Blair.
And you didn't compliment me on my pedicure! ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea.
I was going to just go with Command Adhesive, but Velcro sounds like a good option.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!
For the background coat, I just used some light gray/beige oops paint from Home Depot. Swizzled on some silver, dark brown and black and then just pulled my paint brush through to create streaks.
For the plain boards, I just did the lines with a magic marker (tried to make the knotholes look 'evil'... lol)

For the shutters, I did the basecoat with the streaks going the appropriate direction, then marked off the slats and painted black for the shadows and hit the high points with a little of the base coat on a dry brush. Only took a couple hours to do both shutters. I found a great photo online that I used for a reference...

·
Registered
68 Posts
looks great. I was originaly going to do mine with cardboard, then I changed my mind to use foam, now, I'm considering going back to carbboard. Yours look great!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I just noticed, why is your foot in the picture. Were you standing on your hands when you took the picture.lol
At least her toenails are painted with a nice color :)

Oh and great looking shutters! Might have to try that as well.

MsM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts