Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Spirit yesterday and saw some miniature skulls that I thought might look good turned into shrunken heads. Easy to do, total time spent for the two was under 45 minutes.

uploadfromtaptalk1442189495569.jpg

1. Use the plastic corpsing technique to flesh out the skulls.

uploadfromtaptalk1442189582075.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1442189644567.jpg

2. Stain the skulls, wait for it to dry then dry brush.
uploadfromtaptalk1442189726603.jpg

3. Cut hair from a wig (I always buy them from Kmart after halloween for 75+% off.

4. Use a spray adhesive and attach the hair. Wait for it to dry.

Add eyes if you want or just keep the sockets and that is it. You are done.

uploadfromtaptalk1442189984238.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1442190016845.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
This will be our first year to host a haunt and we are doing the Voodoo Swamp theme. I am definitely wanting to make some of these but am new to the site so would it be possible for you to explain what the 'plastic corpsing technique' is? Sorry, this is all still so new to me!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This will be our first year to host a haunt and we are doing the Voodoo Swamp theme. I am definitely wanting to make some of these but am new to the site so would it be possible for you to explain what the 'plastic corpsing technique' is? Sorry, this is all still so new to me!!

The plastic corpsing method refers to a 20 minute video by Stiltbeast Studios that shows you how to corpse a skeleton using a heat gun, .7mm sheets of plastic tarp (you can get it at Home depot or walmart cheap, 3 9x12 pieces for about $3-4's) and some Gel Stain.

You wrap the skull in plastic, hit it with a heat gun and it acts like shrink wrap giving the skull a fleshy appearance. Add a little stain and it gives the head color. If you dry brush it, it makes the head look really good.

Here is the stiltbeast video. Well worth the 20 minute watch. It's a cheap, easy way corpse skulls and skeletons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69p2EyS-5qk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh wow, thanks for sharing! Just made a trip to Dollar Tree to pick up some skulls. I will pick up the items and give this technique a try over the weekend. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I look forward to hearing how you get on Mystic Moon Hollow , if you can try and record your methods and process for your own benefit in the future and also so others on the forum can see how your creation came out , i would like to see any photos or video if you are able to record it , if not let us know how it went , good luck , i have never yet tried " corpsing " so i am really interested to see how it all pans out .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pacman - I upcycle old pieces of furniture (and anything else I can get my hands on) and when I am almost halfway done, I think 'Darn it, I should have taken a BEFORE picture so I can show how much it was transformed. So I had to laugh when you so to document the process. I mean to, but once I get an idea in my head, it's full speed ahead!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I understand Mystic Moon Hollow , i,m a man after all and you know how imperfect we are for every project i try to record and do so successfully there's 3 where i forgot , even today trying to build my mock witches house i managed to photo the first half in stages , and totally tore through and forgot to photo the second half so i have progress on only half the house ..... nuff said

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pacman: Ah, I don't believe in imperfections, only abilities not yet discovered :) I would love to view your witches' house once you are finished. I am thinking that maybe next year I can build a lean-to type of shack for Marie Laveau and have potions and what-knots. I have been collecting discarded pallets and have plans to start making a few things out of them.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
iphone 6 september 2015 180.jpg Its just in the construction stage at the moment Mystic Moon Hollow and i have only built two sides a front and a left hand side as the right hand side has a 8 foot privet hedge next the where it will end and the back is the front of my house , so it is just a facade to give the impression of a little shack or wooden addiction on the front of my house , i still have to make the dummy door and window frame , and i want to make some kind of porch roof , but at the same time make it so its doable in the time i have left , i bought some fake party popper bottles a couple of years ago and made them up as drinks bottles for my pirate theme , i bought another 10 this weekend to hopefully paint and decorate to make fake potion bottles , again hopefully if i get time , i will try and photograph the processes and finished items ..... IF I REMEMBER IMG_2108.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts