Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is what I do for a living.
image.jpg

I shrink wrap everything from planes, trains, automobiles to buildings. Now I've seen some posts where people are using plastic and heat guns to create a corpse effect on their skeletons. So I decided to try my shrink wrap to create skin on my skeleton. My idea is to hang my skinny malnourished guy on a wall. I'm going to remove the skeleton head and cut a hole in the wall where an actors head will be.

Here's the start of my shrink wrapped skeleton. I still need to shrink the arms. I'm happy with how the torso turned out. You can still see his ribs. I'm not sure if I'll add mor layers of shrink wrap to fatten him up.
image.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's Mr. Ed just hanging around. I added a little color to his skin and found a perfect face for him. An actor will be wearing the mask with his/her head popping out of the wall.
2013-09-10 17.06.32.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great job on that. I received some unassembled cabinet parts this summer in shrink film and I saved all of it for this very reason. You've confirmed that it will be an awesome use for it when I can pick up my wally skeletons. Nice work on the coloring too- did you use acrylic or latex paint? Or cans of plastic paint?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great job on that. I received some unassembled cabinet parts this summer in shrink film and I saved all of it for this very reason. You've confirmed that it will be an awesome use for it when I can pick up my wally skeletons. Nice work on the coloring too- did you use acrylic or latex paint? Or cans of plastic paint?
Hey NimbleMonkey-I simply used two colors of Rustoleum spray paint. I found a color similar to the mask and went with it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My mind might explode (again). I didn't even know this existed. This is shrink wrap "material" like shrink wrap tubing that shrinks with heat? What can I google for more information?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My mind might explode (again). I didn't even know this existed. This is shrink wrap "material" like shrink wrap tubing that shrinks with heat? What can I google for more information?
You can just google shrink wrap or shrink film or check out our sites. You'll have to forgive our website. It's a little dated. We are in the process of redoing it.

www.Facebook.com/shrinkorsink
www.ShrinkOrSink.com

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mr. Ed is all hung up and a hole for the actors head has been cut. The nice thing is I can just rest the mask on the prop if the actor needs to take a break. Now if I could just find someone to play Mr. Ed.
image.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts