Halloween Forum banner

Showcase your most recent craft!

2153263 Views 9089 Replies 651 Participants Last post by  Albert11
This is a thread for everyone to post pictures (preferably) and maybe even a brief tutorial as how to create what they've made.
I'm not a big prop builder so i normally stick to crafts, but i'm not even good at that, but hey.
Theres pictures of the Skull Candle i made and just two pages of a spell book which will be permanently open on those pages.
I made the skull by -
Covering a hard plastic skull with foil, then masking tape. I then papier-mached it all over. Cut it in half when it was dry, cellotaped is back together and applied more papier-mache. I used acrylic paint to do the base and then i used a dark brown oil paint to make it look more aged and give the detail. I then just melted a few shavings of wax and stuck the candle to that, then lit it so the wax dripped down.
The spell book was made on Microsoft Publisher and was just printed on coffee/tea stained paper and then i dripped some of the red wax from the candle on it to resemble blood.
So if any of you have recently made something you're particularly proud of, post it!

By the way, i know that you can see the pages have been stuck on, i just haven't got to trimming it.
9041 - 9060 of 9090 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
I just finished my pirate cannon, made primarily from materials found while dumpster-diving at a construction site

The items bought for this project were: a plastic bowl, foam insulation rounds, metal eyelets, zinc nuts (fiiled in w/ hot glue to look like bolt heads), wall texture spray, a dowel rod, furniture grade round head tacks, roll of EVA 5mm foam, and iron nails( both of those from Hobby Lobby). Next up, a pillory!

· My other ride is a Ninja
12,480 Posts
I just finished my pirate cannon, made primarily from materials found while dumpster-diving at a construction site View attachment 737309

View attachment 737310
View attachment 737311
The items bought for this project were: a plastic bowl, foam insulation rounds, metal eyelets, zinc nuts (fiiled in w/ hot glue to look like bolt heads), wall texture spray, a dowel rod, furniture grade round head tacks, roll of EVA 5mm foam, and iron nails( both of those from Hobby Lobby). Next up, a pillory!

looks fantastic

· Registered
998 Posts
I just finished my pirate cannon, made primarily from materials found while dumpster-diving at a construction site View attachment 737309

View attachment 737310
View attachment 737311
Looks great!

· Registered
982 Posts
I made a Pumpkin arch. That was a lot of faces to cut out, ugh. I think it turned out pretty good. What do you think? View attachment 737549 Happy Haunting!
That is amazing! Excellent job! I really like how you added the greenery behind and darkened some of the pumpkins to add the depth. what type of structure did you attach it to? directly to the porch or did you do PVC first?

· Registered
22 Posts
That is amazing! Excellent job! I really like how you added the greenery behind and darkened some of the pumpkins to add the depth. what type of structure did you attach it to? directly to the porch or did you do PVC first?
Thank you! It looks really cool at night. I have flickering lights in each pumpkin.
Yes, we used PVC in 3 sections (right, left and top) for an easy break down. The pumpkins are permanently attached to the PVC. Then we just zip-tie it to the post.

· Registered
572 Posts
Thank you! It looks really cool at night. I have flickering lights in each pumpkin.
Yes, we used PVC in 3 sections (right, left and top) for an easy break down. The pumpkins are permanently attached to the PVC. Then we just zip-tie it to the post.
Amazing work. What kind of lights are you using? Is it a string of lights or are there individual lights in each pumpkin? You have to turn each one on individually?

· Registered
22 Posts
Amazing work. What kind of lights are you using? Is it a string of lights or are there individual lights in each pumpkin? You have to turn each one on individually?
Thank you,
yes a string of lights that connects like for christmas. I connected 3 at a time. The use a few extention cords. Bought a box of flickering lights on Amazon.
Each pump has it's own light bulb, larger pumpkins have 2.

9041 - 9060 of 9090 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.