Halloween Forum banner

6781 - 6800 of 9016 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
So for my Malificient costume, I crafted the horns and staff (I love how the orb actually lights up). However I really wanted wings. I came across this angel wings for only $16 and knew I HAD to alter them. 2 cans of spray paint later......
View attachment 225923
View attachment 225925

This is the most awkward costume I've ever had. I already had to bend down to fit my head through the doors and now I have to go sideways. LOL
Great Job Kloey. Now if I see somethign black flying I will be sure to wave because it may be you!!LOL

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
Everyone is doing such nice stuff. I'm dong the thing I dread most: making Xmas ornaments BEFORE Halloween, but I got too many orders this year to put it off. At least i got to sneak in a couple of Halloween ornaments with that last batch :) i was going to paint a scary Santa to go with my clown painting but i was warned by the wife that i would be wise to find other things to do with my time. I found the clown facing the wall this morning when i came downstairs :D the wife is *not* a fan. LOL

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Awesome crafts, as usual, everyone!!
Okay, well...since Bethany is posting her "Food Crafts", I suppose I will post the ones I just did for the party tomorrow. Let me tell ya'...it may be food, but it sure is more like crafting than anything when I make these things. This year, I made two kinds...Chocolate Cauldron Oreo Cookie Pops and White Chocolate Ghost Oreo Cookie Balls. I wanted to cry when I made the cauldrons, because I needed all green Nerds candies and could only find green in a multi box...so, you can all guess what I had to do...separate all the greens out of the rainbow of colors. Super fun.

20141024_184912 (280x500).jpg 20141024_184935 (405x500).jpg 20141024_185044 (291x500).jpg

...and yes, the ghosts are meant to be mound shaped with a puddle of chocolate below them, rather than nice, round and smooth. I didn't just get lazy and sloppy, lol. I was going to post these in a thread in the Party/Recipe area...but I haven't really found somewhere to post them in there yet...unless I make a whole thread for them. I'll have to see where I can post stuff like this over there...

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Bethany, love the cakes! You are so talented! OMG, troll boogers---what a hoot. I will probably choke to death the next time I eat caramel popcorn.

Wow, I love that creepy clown (actually it gives me the creeps---which is good around here) and nice ornaments.
Awesome cauldrons and ghosts!

Saki, that is a cool idea.

·
Registered
169 Posts
WitchyKitty, those treats are thudworthy!!! They look professionally made. And kudos to you for your Job like patience picking all those green Nerds out. Totally worth the effort. What beautiful skill.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Awesome crafts, as usual, everyone!!
Okay, well...since Bethany is posting her "Food Crafts", I suppose I will post the ones I just did for the party tomorrow. Let me tell ya'...it may be food, but it sure is more like crafting than anything when I make these things. This year, I made two kinds...Chocolate Cauldron Oreo Cookie Pops and White Chocolate Ghost Oreo Cookie Balls. I wanted to cry when I made the cauldrons, because I needed all green Nerds candies and could only find green in a multi box...so, you can all guess what I had to do...separate all the greens out of the rainbow of colors. Super fun.

View attachment 226159 View attachment 226160 View attachment 226161

...and yes, the ghosts are meant to be mound shaped with a puddle of chocolate below them, rather than nice, round and smooth. I didn't just get lazy and sloppy, lol. I was going to post these in a thread in the Party/Recipe area...but I haven't really found somewhere to post them in there yet...unless I make a whole thread for them. I'll have to see where I can post stuff like this over there...
You stuff is Fabulous!! I'm totally jealous! If I tried those they'd look like poo. :(
Next time maybe you can use the sprinkles instead of nerds. ;) Michael's may carry the nonperils (sp?), on color in each pkg. They have some cool Halloween Sprinkles out, green, purple & black together or orange, black & green. :)

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,302 Posts

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
You stuff is Fabulous!! I'm totally jealous! If I tried those they'd look like poo. :(
Next time maybe you can use the sprinkles instead of nerds. ;) Michael's may carry the nonperils (sp?), on color in each pkg. They have some cool Halloween Sprinkles out, green, purple & black together or orange, black & green. :)
Yeah, I tried to find round sprinkles in green...nothing around my area. I had bought green pearl candy decors but when I opened them they were too hard to use, like jawbreakers...people would break teeth, lol. The recipe actually calls for the nerds, so I just used them since I was in a last minute rush and they were easily available close to my house.

6781 - 6800 of 9016 Posts