Halloween Forum banner

6761 - 6780 of 9016 Posts

·
Undertaker
3,207 Posts
This is a better look at him and the next picture is a height difference. The guy is 6'1
View attachment 225405

View attachment 225406
The zombie in the shorts is really scary.....Those shorts are hideous. You should dirty him up a bit;to be a little more realistic. The shorts look a little too clean ....

That's one of the very best Grim reaper's I have seen on this forum and I have been here for a while now.

Congrats !

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Ghouliet's

I used some packing foam that came with my son's computer he got that was left in a closet. I made an outline of my own hand but a bit bigger than my own hand. Then got some pens (ink pens used in school ,I used white ones) that I saw in a tut once ,then cut some coat hangers the length I wanted the finger to be .The metal wires was placed as a way to hold the pens where I wanted them to be. Then used a wire cutter to cut the pens in pieces and slipped them onto the wire .
Be sure to have two pieces of foam . One for the palm area and one for the top of the hand. Hot glue the wires in place. I used the tip of my hot glue gun to make the groves for them so they would sit in place and not move around. Then hot glue the heck out of the two foam pieces after the wire is in that is.

You will have to sit there and hold tight onto the foam and press firmly to make sure the two are solid. You don't want your wires moving around. Then once dry You place those pens (be sure to cut them in halves to use as top bone of finger and lower bone of finger.) on and then hot glue some more. Meaning where you want joints to be.That would keep the pens in place as well.
Then get your cotton balls and place them where you have knuckles and tape them on first that way they are already in place when you begin using the packing tape. Start wrapping the hand up. Making sure to press down where bones on the back of the hand would be .That is about it. Then after you have finished. Just paint. I used white first so it would look like bone under the decay. I used a greenish gray color for the decay. I will make a tut thread of it if I can do that. I am still newbie here and am learning things.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
nice job on the choc that is what all my friends know me for I have tons of pretzel molds and other molds they are so yummy your guest will love them.
I've made them most years we had parties up North. :) I must say I like the "bugs". I toasted the almonds before I used them. :) YUMMY!! :D

·
Registered
837 Posts
Since my new neighbors down the street are decorating big time I decided it was time to break out the big guns. LOL. He can't fit back in the garage with his head attached so he will have to be hidden in the backyard until next Friday. His body is chicken wire on a rolling platform and he's covered in tarp and material. Under his mask is a detergent bottle.

I love how my daughter was using her "acting" skills. :)
image.jpg

·
Registered
837 Posts
So for my Malificient costume, I crafted the horns and staff (I love how the orb actually lights up). However I really wanted wings. I came across this angel wings for only $16 and knew I HAD to alter them. 2 cans of spray paint later......
image.jpg
image.jpg

This is the most awkward costume I've ever had. I already had to bend down to fit my head through the doors and now I have to go sideways. LOL

·
Registered
169 Posts
Beautiful, kloey!! Awkward as it is, it's totally worth it. Great job painting the wings, too. I always have issues with coverage on soft texture like that when painting. I would never have known you painted them but rather that they came in that color.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,017 Posts
Since my new neighbors down the street are decorating big time I decided it was time to break out the big guns. LOL. He can't fit back in the garage with his head attached so he will have to be hidden in the backyard until next Friday. His body is chicken wire on a rolling platform and he's covered in tarp and material. Under his mask is a detergent bottle.

I love how my daughter was using her "acting" skills. :)
View attachment 225910

Looks so wicked cool

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
6761 - 6780 of 9016 Posts