Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,203 Posts
Here is a picture of ours this year....we installed a black light and sign, as well as a paving stone path to alert folks to its purpose:

Folks had a pretty good time with it, but for some reason, many seemed to insist on using a flash, which I suspect kind of messed up the 'mood' in their pictures.
:confused:

·
Halloween Elitist
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow Defenestrator, that is a nice set up, I also wanted a sign but since it was last minute, didn't do one. I also tried to set the mood with a green floodlight, it was the only thing I had on hand but when I did test pictures, the faces looked too weird but it didn't stop people lol. Who is the dapper skeleton? He fits right in with your photo op.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,203 Posts
Ha!

Thanks, I've wanted to do a photo-op for a while now, and never really had the time until this year.

Since we moved at the end of the summer, and I knew I wasn't going to be having a party, building new props, or doing a new theme, this was a way to do something new with stuff I already had laying around.

I figured that if people had fun with it, and it worked well, I'd elaborate on it next year. It was a moderate success, and I think I learned enough that I'll definitely do it again, and expand on the concept.

As for the nattily clad skeletal test subject, that is me as the leader of my skeletal parade this year.

Goodness knows I would never dress that well on any other day...
:)

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Pink Fashion Art Room Dress
Room
Darkness Games
Fun Tree Adaptation Plant
Tree Plant Metal
Text Font

For 2014, we had a stockade with 'pick a deadly sin' signs, the swamp shack had an additional empty seat for posing with Myra Maines, a guillotine, test drive a casket, an empty pew for a group photo in the dead wedding scene, and my just completed police lineup for 2015.
Defenstrator-I'm stealing the idea of having photo op signs posted~great idea!!!
Excellent thread idea, Scorpion!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Was wondering if anyone was interested in showing their Halloween Photo Op. I was not planning on doing one but it came together quickly at the last minute and it turned out to be a hit.Please show your set up so maybe we can share inspiration
View attachment 230147
Great idea for a thread! I've been thinking about doing a photo op but I've never gotten around to it. What a great idea! Love the pics . . . :D

GiggleingGhost

·
Registered
386 Posts
View attachment 230267 View attachment 230268 View attachment 230269 View attachment 230270 View attachment 230272 View attachment 230273
For 2014, we had a stockade with 'pick a deadly sin' signs, the swamp shack had an additional empty seat for posing with Myra Maines, a guillotine, test drive a casket, an empty pew for a group photo in the dead wedding scene, and my just completed police lineup for 2015.
Defenstrator-I'm stealing the idea of having photo op signs posted~great idea!!!
Excellent thread idea, Scorpion!
Nice punkineater!!! I love the 'take a casket for a test drive'!! Too funny!! :D

GiggleingGhost

Reactions: punkineater

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I hadn't thought of this until I was talking with a neighbor a couple of days before Halloween and he mentioned that I could do a photo op by having folks sit in the drivers seat of my funeral carriage. Later that day I had to move a toepincher coffin (below) I made that I cut out a section of so that it looked like a zombie was escaping. Well, I stood up the coffin and looked through the hole and realized that that would make a good photo if I left it standing and people could walk behind it.. However i didn't have time to follow through this year as I feel I would need a sturdier coffin. But it's an idea for next year.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like both of those ideas SB, in the drivers seat and the zombie in coffin, that could be one idea Creeper Guardian, I was also spit balling and I came up with this one, I have this door decoration (pictured) that I made for a door decorating contest we had at work last year that I just used this year in my haunt, I was thinking of maybe cutting out an oval shape where the face would go so patrons can get up in behind and make it looked like they are the zombie trying to break out
Red Poster Technology Room Fictional character

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
This was our photo op from last year, our first year doing one. Our theme was Frank N Stein, MD's Brain Research Center. It was set up as an interactive experience for the kids and kind of a last minute thought to make it a photo op too. It went over extremely well. Although I was expecting more kids/parents to have had cell phone/cameras with them. Bet next year, in anticipation of something similar, will be different. I just don't think people in our area do photo ops for their trick or treaters. It was definitely a treat for them.

With non-low light cellphone cameras in mind, I added a hanging pendant light above the area with a low watt bulb to provide enough light for a dark but viewable photo.

·
Registered
211 Posts
So how many people have photo ops at home haunts?

Am curious if the ones with the photo ops are just yard displays, or do you have walk-thru's?

Not sure how it would fly here, but may be fun to setup something anyhow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts