Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we all put a lot of effort in our displays/haunts, and we secretly (or openly) love the appreciative remarks we get from kids and parents, but there are ways to show "your" appreciation as well, if you're so inclined.
This year, I've made up slips of orange paper, and using one of my creepy fonts, typed out a little message that will be rubber banded onto each candy bar. It reads; "Thank you for visiting the haunted house on 35th Street. We hope you enjoyed your visit, as much as we enjoyed putting on the display. May the spirit of Halloween live on long after tonight is over, and we hope to see you again next year!"

We also thank everyone for coming, encourage pictures and accomodate requests whenever possible (posing with a prop in the graveyard, etc).
This hospitality keeps them coming back and helps promote a good sense of Hallowen community, which only helps promote the holiday, IMO.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TU,

I suppose I might have a slight change of heart as I rubberband 500 slips of paper onto candy bars, but I think it will go over well. We have a lot of repeat guests who always comment on how they "have to come to our house."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts