Halloween Forum banner

Show Us Your Stuff

5K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Distorted Designs 
#1 ·
I just wanted to see what everyone bought this year during the Halloween sales.

I went looking for deals the day after halloween and I didn't get anything. Our Spirit of Halloween was just closed..... no sales.... no nothing...?? I went to the other halloween America... They were closed at 4 in the afternoon. So I didn't think I was going to be able to get anything this year. So a week goes by and I happen to stop in Big Lots and they had a bunch of cool stuff for 75% off. So I grabbed up a bunch of the really cool stuff. I talked to the Manager and he said the stuff was going to go to 90% in a couple of days. So I stopped by another Big Lots by my work and low and behold everything was 90%. So I pretty much cleaned out that one and also went over to the one by my house and cleaned them out too. Wow, I ended up with a ton of stuff. It was soooo cool, I couldn't believe it. Here are the pics of everything.

4 grave yard kits
3 ceramic grim reapers with light up eyes
2 ceramic gargoyals

3 4ft tall light up trees
2 big bag of bones
1 big rubber vulture
3 small gravestone with skeleton wrap around guy
1 rubber skeleton kid thing..

1 4ft witch wall hanger
1 2ft skeleton guy with hangy feet
1 2ft scary clown wall hanger
3 mummified cats
6 skeleton voodoo dolls
The two boxes are featured below

1 leg kicker
1 5ft skeleton doctor with self supporting stand

4 lighted signs
2 more small gravestones with skeleton wrap around guy
1 screaming face
4 small ceremic pirate heads (one was missed in the photos)
1 triple skeleton head hanging thing
2 table center pieces

1 complete zombie doctor costume (probably just stuff him or something)
1 zombie mask
1 spider
4 wall thatch covering
1 more skeleton voodoo doll
10 little plastic buckets (be used for something?) I think I paid 10 cents
1 small bag of moss

3 orange and yellow string lights
19 orange sting lights
2 bigger orange lights
11 small lighted pumpkin heads
7 small lighted skeleton heads

Here is the coolest part I only paid around $150 for all of it!!!! Went from finding nothing to hitting the jackpot. :D:D:D

Hopefully other people found good stuff too. Let me know what you think.

See less See more
#2 ·
You did hit the jackpot!!!you got some great stuff.
I ordered some costumes and the gothic farmer from spirit.
Got the costumes but no farmer yet so i figure I won't get him
I have emailed them twice.They haven't charged my card for him which is great.
The only other things I got was paper products for next years party.And 2 resin tombstones from grandin road.

#3 ·
our big lots never went down to 90%. and any animated stuff was NOT on sale!!

this is the first year Big Lots has been up here though so im hoping next year, once the manager sees that they still ahve a storeroom of stuff from this year, things will drop like rocks in the water.

one thing i did pick up super cheap were the skelly garlands. a buck a peice regular price at the dollar store, 4 bucks at the regular stores, and NINE DOLLARS online!!! I paid less than a dollar for two packs. wish i had bought them out now.

#4 ·
Yeah Big Lots rule the month of Nov.

Nice haul and great pics !!! Yeah same story here none of my big stores and seasonal Halloween stores had anything on the first but Big lots made my month in Nov., never had so much fun. I went to 8 BL's but only 2 had good merchandise left. And at Krogers grocery store I scored 6 Bubble foggers for 85% off. I got $ 550 dollars worth for $93 bucks.
more pics below

#5 ·
Thats awesome you got a great haul too!! I really like the pirate and 24 piece bone yard set. Very very cool.

LadyAlthea
That is weird that they didn't put anything on sale. They get an email from corporate to mark the stuff down. They don't even know when it is going to happen but it does happen. It was nearly two weeks before it went to 75% if I remember correctly.

#7 ·
Oh the bubble foggers are very cool, I wasn't expecting much from them but I was pleasantly surprised, they really crank out the fog bubbles. I'm gonna use them in the garage and my trail entrance. Yeah I want to wrap all my loot up and put it under the tree.....ha ! I was really looking for larger props so I was very happy to score the 5' glow up zombies and the 5' skelly Doc's. The kicking legs I have wanted for a few years now. And the blow up was just icing on the cake. Hard to beat a large blow up for good front yard advertising so I was just tickle to score it. I just can't build one that big and store as easy. They were all 90% off. Your wonderful pics reminded me again what fun shopping it was. I had to hunt hard but once I hit the mother load I was like kid in a candy store, this was the first year I had really look for Nov. sales and I was striking out so bad the first week I was ready to give up. Musta went to 10 Kroger stores trying to score a bubble fogger and wouldn't you know the last one had 14 of them at 85 % off......I wanted them all.....lol !! If you do a search here there are a couple good vids showing them in action. Again one of the coolest little foggers I have ever gotten....dang I would have paid full price if I had not so under estimated them.....ha.

#8 ·
you guys scored some sweet stuff. we used to have a big lots in a town 30 mins away but it closed down. now the closest one is 2 1/2 hours away. i have always wanted those kicking legs but never had the luck. those pirate and dr characters look like a go as well. i do have 3 blow ups but am not big into them. however there are a few i think are cool and wouldn't mind having. i just added yours to the list. overall everything you guys got is pretty sweet. i got a few good deals as well, from target, walmart, kmart, shopko, and walgreens. but have packed it away so sorry, no pics. this year the stores didn't really put out the full size animated stuff. well, with your hauls, happy haunting next year.

#10 ·
Thanks H.S.,.....Yeah most the stores were lacking life size stuff and blow ups. I wish I could score more blow-ups, would love to find the Horse drawn Herse some where. Oh well hopefully there is a better selection for next year. Wally's was really bad with nothing bigger than 3' tall...they use to have some cool life size Gemmy props and blow ups but all they had was mostly costumes they couldn't even give away......poor buying decisions on their part (I'm afraid they will only rely on on-line shopping only in the future.....bummer because I don't like buying on-line). K-mart and Target were much better.

#12 ·
Wow, there are some AMAZING finds there!!! Can't believe how lucky you both scored! :D:D:D You're sure to do some terrorizing with those next year! :p
The cemetery kit, and kicking legs are my fave in your finds, D.D. And Bozz, my fave of yours are the headless horseman, and glow up zombie!

I haven't seen ANYTHING on sale here!! T.K Maxx had a very small amount of leftover things in, still there last week, but the prices havent even been cut despite them being in 'Clearance'! :confused::confused: They're only things like cups, punch bowls etc though.
Think I'd be better off checking online.

#13 ·
Thanks........>>>>>>>>

T.Y.,....the Zombies glow a bright green on the hands and face as he says a few different creepy cute phrases with a motion sensor, can't believe I gave one away at the store because it had no poles with it....gosh they were only $ 2.50 (reg. $ 25) what was I thinking HA ?!?! So after hunting hard and hitting a few more stores I found one more to make up for it, they should work great on my backyard trail next year. Yeah I really wanted the Headless Horsemen when I first saw it but $ 50 was more than I could spend at the time then it went on sale for $ 40 almost got it then and by shear flukeness I saw it out of place on a top shelve in a non-Halloween dept. as I walked around the store......could not believe my luck on that one. It rang up for $ 5 bucks....too cool.And once I blew it up I was like wow this is big and much cooler looking in person. I had to get the Kicking legs at 75 % off ($12.50 reg. $50) because they would not be around for 90 % off. Out of 8 BL's I only saw one Horsemen blow up and one Legs, 2 Skelly Docs and 4 Glow up Zombies, most the stores had nothing. Again I'm one normally who has not done well with locating stuff at good prices (first 2 weeks of Nov. I found nohing,just burning gas), glad it had a happy ending after all.

#15 ·
yeah, that horse drawn hearse was one of the two i thought was sweet. the other is that organ grinder. theres a cat arch that might be pretty sweet. i have a frankie, vampire and pumpkin. around here target and walgreens did the best. kmart in mason sucked as usual. shopko never has that much cool stuff. did score a little. but kmart in charles was almost as good as target in mason. there's a big lots in rochester, next year i think i will call them to see if they have their sales yet. from the posts here it might be worth the long drive.
i agree with you, 75% is pretty sweet. i bought some at that price if i really wanted it and there wasn't many of them left. some i waited for the 90%. that blow up horseman someone tucked up there to be hidden and got when the prices dropped i bet. sweet you found it before they got back to it.
i have a bubble blowing franie, it makes the ground slippery. when i saw the bubble blowing foggers i wasn't interested, i thought they would coat the ground and make it slippery. my daughter said she took the kids trick or treating to a house that had one and said it was awesome. if you try yours out you'll have to tell me what you think on how they look and how is the slipperyness.

#16 ·
After seeing this thread, I couldnt work thinking about BL. Just went down and they had nothing! Just that crappy fall seasonal stuff for 75% off.

I did however hit my jackpot about a week after halloween. Went into our local grocery store, and on the back of one of the shelves was 200 square feet spider webbing for 10 cents! It was a great feeling walking up to the register with an entire cart full of it.

#17 ·
I know somebody that had the Organ player with the dancers on the side and ran the Bubble fogger with it how cool ?!?! I ask her for a pic of that scene. I already tested one of my Bubble foggers in the garage and the soap residue is not that bad most of it hits the machine and you have to wipe it a bit, now inside you may need a towel under it because it drips a little, or you could just go with some thinner soap but it may not bubble as well and pop too soon. They are much cooler little machines than I had expected and worth full price IMHO.Yeah your right about H.Horsemen the price said clearance at $ 25 (50% off), Big Lots stayed at only 50% off for weeks which was kinda weird with all the other stores hitting 75 %. After I got my big inflatable H.House a few years ago I wanted more but they are a little pricey and I do like the older airblowns but they are hard to find unless you go to e-bay and over pay for one (that place can be a rip-off for blow-ups....I bidded on a few....one was a cool pirate arch gate)

#19 ·
I also managed to find some really cool stuff at a garage sale this summer. They were moving and looking to purge as much as possible. I got two of those big metal yard light things (metal bar with lights wrapped around it)(and both were from BL too.... LOL). One was a bat with a 4' wing span and it looks like the wings flap. The other is a 5' skeleton with a top hat. I also got two big boxes of stuff, purple lights, several masks, plastic wall hangings, 1' tall spooky looking dead tree looking things, bleeding candles, black candles, hard spider web (made out of the string material), talking crow, and some other stuff that I am forgetting. I got about two storage tubs worth plus the 2 yard things for $15 - $20.

I am always on the look out for stuff and I hit the garage sales pretty hard.

#20 ·
nice garage sale finds dd. i love garage sales but last summer worked so much i didn't get to as many. my daughter however made a lot and picked me up a few things. some things she didn't buy because she wasn't sure if i had it or would pay that much. next year i am sending my cell phone with her.
bozz, i have seen the organ grinder but never with dancers on the side. if you get a pic of that would you mind posting. that sounds sweet. i seen different haunted houses for sell, they usually sell and not for cheap. but i've never seen inside one, just read what is.

#23 ·
Why thank you so much. Yeah the smaller house (ha) has been a great addition and really brings the tot's in but this year too many kids abuse it by jumping on it and bugging me to blow it up so they could play in it every day......that got old quick not to mention these same kids never came to my party nor came the big night (too scared). So I got use a little and that ticked me off. As much fun as its been for 3 years I made sell it but I afraid I would lose some good traffic because people just love it and it does some great advertising from a good distanced....uumm .....dunno...?!?!?

#26 ·
I have a bunch of props that my partner in crime and I built last year that we never posted, as well as some other things. It is just a time thing right now. I haven't been able to do much for almost a year now but really, really cool things are coming. I have been building a cnc machine (computer controlled mill) they are very complex machines to build and fairly expensive. Mine will be able to cut everything but stone and metal. Once I am done I will be able to make custom gravestones, custom wood signs, whatever you can think of. I will be able to cut very detailed things. The possiblilites are endless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.