Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wanting to see how everyone draped their materials and lighting effects on them. We have ours for this year and wanted some inspiration on draping the cheesecloth etc.We were going to make it but decided to "cheat" this year and buy one from ebay for 60 bucks( turns out it would have cost about that to get all the supplies anyway). Videos would be great as well as pics.

·
Registered
79 Posts

I can add more pics with the lights on later if anyone wants them.
This is definitely one of my fav projects so far. Have fun with it. Just use layers, and take your time. Most importantly, dress it under the lighting you intend to use for the best effect.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Fatman, what did you use to create the Ghost? It looks Fantastic but I need new glasses & can't tell from the picture.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is our FCG. It has a foam head painted black and blue LED's inserted from the back leaving the foam undisturbed in the front.
Black fabric was zip tied around the neck and just run straight down
then the cheese cloth was draped over the shoulders and trimmed coarsely at the bottom.
Edit: for lighting I used 2 clamp lights with UV CFL's 6ft away. There is also some orange outdoor lighting coming in the window in this pic.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Those look great! I agree with Fatman. Dress it under the black light you'll be using. It's amazing how adjusting the light location can change the look of these.

Speaking of lighting...
When posting your pic(s), please include what you use. (ie: 48" blacklight tube, spotlight, or whatever). I'm thinking about upgrading from my 18" blacklight. It just doesn't seem to light my FCG enough in the area I have it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fatman, what did you use to create the Ghost? It looks Fantastic but I need new glasses & can't tell from the picture.
The ghost is made of the standard coat hanger frame, cheese cloth soaked in rit whitener, and a hollow plastic skull. Pretty basic.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Here's mine. I used bridal veil material (tulle) for the body and a paper mache kind of material call Rigid Wrap for the head and hands. My avatar is a pic of the head of it.

·
crossfit zombie
7,590 Posts

This is definitely one of my fav projects so far. Have fun with it. Just use layers, and take your time. Most importantly, dress it under the lighting you intend to use for the best effect.
That looks amazing!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts

More pics please! She looks verrry spooky!!

·
Tormentor of Cucurbits
3,477 Posts

This is the only picture we have of Lydia, she's a little camera shy........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I cheated and bought mine from Kentucky Special FX. I love it!!!

killed-by-death-albums-halloween-picture29387-2009.jpg

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm kinda ashamed to post mine on here after seeing the ones everyone else has put up. Last year was my first ever actual haunt, but I insisted on a crank ghost.

Despite possible embarrassment, I present to you, BOB!

Yes, I know the picture being crappy doesn't help either. For some reason my camera decided it wanted to blur unless the flash was on. So to get a clear image I had to use the flash. As a result, you can't see him all "A-Glow". And no, he's not in an over-sized dog house. That was my poor attempt at a mausoleum (which is being entirely revamped this year).

What we ended up doing was putting a plug-in (and weather protected) black light behind the top lip of the entrance. The plug for both the black light and the motor were then run to the back corner inside the mausoleum and plugged into an extension cord. You couldn't actually see the stuff inside, since it was pitch black in there except for Bob's glow.

·
spookiness in the suburbs
905 Posts
Here's Isabella. Her "torso" is poly quilt batting, layered with tulle, mesh, and cheesecloth.
Her outer garment is a cloak of tulle that I hand-sewed to fit her. Yes, I am a little OCD with details :)

Unlighted:

Lighted, but cruddy picture:

She glows a lot brighter than the 2nd pic IRL.

I love seeing everyone's ghosties. Just goes to show that even though we're all using the same basic
prop idea, we each put our own spin on it to make it uniquely our own!

·
spookiness in the suburbs
905 Posts
Speaking of lighting...
When posting your pic(s), please include what you use. (ie: 48" blacklight tube, spotlight, or whatever). I'm thinking about upgrading from my 18" blacklight. It just doesn't seem to light my FCG enough in the area I have it.
Too right! I use 3 24" blacklights--one above and 2 below. Anything less just doesn't make it "pop."

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm kinda ashamed to post mine on here after seeing the ones everyone else has put up. Last year was my first ever actual haunt, but I insisted on a crank ghost.

Despite possible embarrassment, I present to you, BOB!

Yes, I know the picture being crappy doesn't help either. For some reason my camera decided it wanted to blur unless the flash was on. So to get a clear image I had to use the flash. As a result, you can't see him all "A-Glow". And no, he's not in an over-sized dog house. That was my poor attempt at a mausoleum (which is being entirely revamped this year).

What we ended up doing was putting a plug-in (and weather protected) black light behind the top lip of the entrance. The plug for both the black light and the motor were then run to the back corner inside the mausoleum and plugged into an extension cord. You couldn't actually see the stuff inside, since it was pitch black in there except for Bob's glow.
To take good pictures in the dark you need to have a tripod. There's no way to get a good picture without it. You can also try the time delay too this will make sure the camera doesn't move..
I'm sure this year will turn out much better! your ghost looks good, I think the flash just messed up the shot.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts