Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we're only two months away from our big day, why not show off some of our completed projects (both big and small).

I've only got two to show for now since the majority of my tombstones, monuments and cemetery fencing are waiting to be painted. It's been so hot here I haven't been able to get any of it done.

Here are some pieces of foam that I painted to look like wood. These will board up the windows of my sunroom where I'll be using a fire and ice spotlight inside.

11885097_10153616061764662_4774366287315396750_n.jpg

And I made a Monster In A Box out of an old pallet

IMG_0423.jpg

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the foam wood is amazing, nice job, would you mind telling us how you did that?
Thank you! Just cut up strips of pink rigid foam and used a utility knife to hack away at the ends and take chunks out of it here and there. Then I used a screen spline tool http://www.homedepot.com/p/Barton-Kramer-Screen-Spline-Plastic-Tool-654/205619545 to score the lines in the wood. I used the pen cap to make the nail holes. I painted everything black and then dry brushed various shades of brown, some gray and a little green for moss/rot. It was my first time making something like this. The first two didn't come out so great but then I got the hang of it as I went along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts