Halloween Forum banner

Show off your 2013 party invites!

7K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  mamadada 
#1 ·
I know it is early, but I just had to show off these invitations that Oh!HappinessCards on Etsy created for our Carnevil party this year!

Font Paper Art Advertising Label

I am so excited about sending these out to our guests! The shop was very fun to work with during this design process. I really think the invitation sets the mood for your guests before they even arrive at the party! Show off your 2013 party invitations or ideas!

See less See more
#4 ·
those are really fun. i agree about the preparty excitement. we wil be throwing the 7th annual for 11 yr olds(started pk4). ive been told several times that the kids always insist on cking their mailboxes during october waiting to see the invite! i have the best time coming up with the wording and looking for the background. found two great contenders for this year. need help trying to word that i want them to bring blankets to sit on.

#10 ·
Ive never thought of making invations. Normally I just make a flyer and take it to the goth clubs I go to. But you guys have inspired me to do something better this year... I will post pics here when I figure out what Im going to do. Thank you!

#14 ·
First...love both invites....beautiful job!!!!

Heres mine, not quite finished though...I plan on printing it in landscape and tearing the bottem edge (may age the paper a bit too), then we plan on scribbling down the info for our party in the corner as though someone jotted it down last minute to save.

The articles (I hope) will give our guests the sense that the zombie pandemic is worsening, while the prank article still allowing others to not take the threat so seriously...This will help explain why people are so lax in their judgement and take their children out Trick or Treating with a zombie threat.

We decided to go this route so that our guests can feel comfortable coming as zombies, super heros or princesses. We plan on having it look like zombies attacked on Halloween night (yes this means costumed victims both young and old taken down by the zombies in our front yard). The house will look like any other house with a couple JOLs at the front door and a big bowl of candy just waiting for trick or treaters, however the house will be boarded up and primarily just be used as a safe house for all those trick or treaters and their families to take refuge in (our party is for 17 years and older just want to make that clear, dont want anyone to think our yard will be seen by little one...oh and its not on Halloween night either...)

http://oi44.tinypic.com/6qwk6w.jpg

#20 ·
Here is my SaveTheDate that is going out this weekend. If anyone has any last-minute feedback or C&C let me know before Friday when I make the print run and start assembling them.

If you print this page, these can be folded into a mini Necronomicon. If you don't want to print it, the page numbers go in order clockwise from the cover. The last page with the date on it has an extremely faint (20% opacity) elder sign for my Cthulhu themed party.

Full scale invites will go out in September. They will be mock patient files from Arkham Asylum - with the "patient" being the person invited.

Attachments

#28 ·
Thanks! I wish I had black envelopes to send out but instead I had to settle for sissy white hahahaha. I am also gonna write up a short fake history of the plantation on old looking paper and send it out with the invites. Its all part of my setup for the ghost story telling session of the dinner party. For dinner we are serving homemade fried chicken, corn on the cob, biscuits, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans. For desert we are doing Pecan pies and banana pudding. I'm gonna be as fat and sassy as the Count of Monte Cristo hahahaha :D

#27 ·
hahaha I wish I had that home, but if I ever win the lotto you can come over and party when have the house haha. And yes I did print them out already. I tried to do Miss Kristen however it looked funky because it was too many words too keep the paragraph even. Also, I did not want to shrink the font anymore on the invite. Its funny you mention the Miss Kristen b/c I already got a lecture on it from my family members who live down in Texas. I put the invite on facebook and got comments about that too haha. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.