Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 532 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the vein of the "show off your life size" thread, I figured we could start one showing off our Halloween masks. Whether you use them for costuming, for props, or just collecting, lets see what you have.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Love your masks:D Ijust make my own. here is what Ive done so far.
Swamp Zombie from Scooby Doo Where are You? CArtoon

The Creeper also from the cartoon

The Black Knight also from the show

And last but not least our old pal Scooby Doo!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like the Scooby. How does it hold shape? Pretty good?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I really like the Scooby. How does it hold shape? Pretty good?
Thanks shadowbat! Yeah i haven't any complaints about Scooby yet! Knocks on wood. Keeps his shape very well. This happens when you make your pull from the mold . as soon as the mask is out I stuff it with plastic bags and set it back in the amature so this way after 24 hours of curing the latex will always remember its shape.:)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Its the Great Pumpkin, you make those? those are all awesome, what are you using?
Thanks creepingdth. Yes I make the masks above:) I use water based clay for the sculpt and then to cast in latex I use RD-407. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,678 Posts
Crappy pic of a crappy 'skeleton' mask I bought some 20 years ago...

I was once trapped in an oven for 5 hours (manufacturing plant, long story), and have since become quite claustrophobic. HATE, HATE, HATE wearing masks. But, I did manage to make and wear one last year.

And a similar one for my son.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
I love Chop Shop and Its the Great Pumpkins work. Since I have no scultping ability I purchase all of the mask I use. Most are for props and since I have an underworld theme most are demons. Here's a few of my favorite demons and my newest zombie. Almost all of the mask I have bought are from Ghoulish productions and the images are mostly their stock photos.

Uzzath

[/IMG]

Molock

Cain

and my latest zombie Crazy Sewed

[/IMG]

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
shadowbat, i'm not an elm street fan, but i do like the masks. the second pumpkin mask, i have a similar pumpkin [but it's not a mask]. the first pumpkin mask is sweet. and i love the toothy grin in the next to the last one.
great pumpkin, i love love love scooby doo. you make wonderful masks, nice details. and another favorite is the haunted mansion.
wiccan, wicked mask.
onorth, you are a brave soul. i don't care to wear masks personally, but they make good props.
chop shop, those are very scary. very nice work as usual.
doto, bought masks are nice too. very scarey yours are.
i have a few, but most are packed away. when i can get to them, i will post picks.

here is a mask one of my haunters wore one year

a mask in my display

a mask used on my prop

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
shadowbat, i'm not an elm street fan, but i do like the masks. the second pumpkin mask, i have a similar pumpkin [but it's not a mask]. the first pumpkin mask is sweet. and i love the toothy grin in the next to the last one.
great pumpkin, i love love love scooby doo. you make wonderful masks, nice details. and another favorite is the haunted mansion.
wiccan, wicked mask.
onorth, you are a brave soul. i don't care to wear masks personally, but they make good props.
chop shop, those are very scary. very nice work as usual.
doto, bought masks are nice too. very scarey yours are.
i have a few, but most are packed away. when i can get to them, i will post picks.

here is a mask one of my haunters wore one year

a mask in my display

a mask used on my prop
thanks for the sweet compliment:)

1 - 20 of 532 Posts