Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building some of my first props this year and some of them have paper mache. They coming together alright but I feel like they are not quite as simple to do or fantastic as some of everybody else's stuff on here. Post pics of your paper mache crafts and tell me about your experience. I am curious to see what you all have created!:cool:

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I have no cool tutorials, just pics.

Witch head

Pumpkins. The small one was a blow mold wrapped in foil then mached over, cut off & done just as you would with any other fake pumpkin, the larger one was a large pumpkin blow mold done the same way.

Ground breaker. All newspaper & some tissue paper, teeth are toothpicks that eventually got painted a darker brown. I learned a lot with that guy & actually do have some "making of" pics if you'd like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are awesome. I will post mine as soon as I can! I am trying to finish a prop for my work and i have to have it today!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Paper mache props for this year - buzzard and a money tree box safe for my sisters party

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
what do you use as the Glue on your paper maches ?
Some people use a 50/50 elmers glue and water. Myself I use Stolloweens recipe and have been real happy with the results. "six cups of flour + one cup of liquid starch + one cup of white glue. Using a mixer blend these ingredient with enough warm tap water until you have the consistency of a very thin pancake batter."

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
A lot of my things have been paper mache..the Jack's head, my withches heads and hands, Clarence the clown's head and my cauldron

2013 halloween 136.jpg 2013 halloween 126.jpg

2013 halloween 100.jpg 2013 halloween 140.jpg 2013 halloween 021.jpg

with the witch's and clown, I made a paper clay..its basically paper mache but with toilet paper shredded and mixed in the glue

·
Head Witch
2,871 Posts
Some people use a 50/50 elmers glue and water. Myself I use Stolloweens recipe and have been real happy with the results. "six cups of flour + one cup of liquid starch + one cup of white glue. Using a mixer blend these ingredient with enough warm tap water until you have the consistency of a very thin pancake batter."
Thank you!! :D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I use watered down Elmers, but then my stuff is only outside one night but I do topcoat them with a spray polyurethane or whatever we happen to have floating around as a topcoat.

This year I made a frog & since I used spray paint on it instead of craft paint I didn't need a topcoat & even though it got rained on this year it didn't melt.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts