Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't find a thread on groundbreakers, so I thought Id make one. I wanna try an make one or two this year and like to see what you all got.

·
Registered
348 Posts
My small army of ground breakers. Tho I dont have as many due to high demand this year. Lots have sold and sold alot faster than I imagined. But I got to down size so I can build more!
These are awesome!
I did a couple after seeing John Wolfe's season of shadows videos.
How do you make yours?

·
Powered by Unicorn Blood
634 Posts
My small army of ground breakers. Tho I dont have as many due to high demand this year. Lots have sold and sold alot faster than I imagined. But I got to down size so I can build more!
HOLY F'n Sh^!....that is BaaaD ***!...I am speechless......

Please touch me with your hand of doom and show me the way to production of that scale!

What are you using for Skele's / mache methods

OH MAN....I can get over those pics......AHAhahhahahahah

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Wow that's allot of GB's. It's like end of days, the dead are all rising kinda scene.

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
I had more GB's than the ones shown below. Some were scrapped because i wasn't happy with them, some were made into other props.
These are the survivors. There is one purchase GB, the others are home made and animated. The purchased one may actually be changed and put above the entry way to the house (kind of laying at 45 degrees with hand and head hanging over the eavestrough.

GB2013.jpg

·
Registered
202 Posts
HOLY F'n Sh^!....that is BaaaD ***!...I am speechless......

Please touch me with your hand of doom and show me the way to production of that scale!

What are you using for Skele's / mache methods

OH MAN....I can get over those pics......AHAhahhahahahah

Thank you! The best way to get a big bunch of these guys is all about prep! I build 10 guys at a time. I cut all my wood and lay out all my ribs. I use rolled news paper and garden hose. I set out all the screws and have the hot glue gun hot and ready to go. I then sketch a quick pose of each ground breaker and then cut my pvc and then build hands if needed. I then select the skull I want to use and how ill position it. My skull of choice is the walgreens resin skull. I stuff the bodies with news paper or expanding foam. I use paper mache. For skin and cheese cloth and other ragged materials. All in all it takes about a week from start to finish.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts